Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Discover at Six Flags?

tag
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

Use Discover at Six Flags?

Hi,

Has anyone used their Discover at Six Flags? From the looks of it, they automatically give you a 5% discount per transaction in the park.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Use Discover at Six Flags?

Yes, I took kids twice last season and used Discover for everything for the 5% cashback.

I'm taking them twice this year and I plan to use Discover

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 24
asteroidblues86
Regular Contributor

My sister took her family and they got to skip a large line to enter the park.

Message 3 of 24
Meltdownblitz
Frequent Contributor

Yes I used my discover card there about a year ago. I got to get in the discover line to skip the line and they also let that line in about 5-10 mins early so you can run to the rides that usually have the huge lines and ride one or 2 of those rides before everyone even gets in the park. I also used my discover for everything else in the park including the entry tickets and I can confirm I did receive my 5% cash back Smiley Happy it's awesome that discover and six flags offer this.

Barclays Uber - 4% Restaurants, 2% Online Purchases/Everyday Card || PenFed Cash - 5% Gas || Amazon Visa Signature - 5% Amazon || U.S. Bank Cash+ - 5% Utilities, 5% Cable/Internet || AMEX BCP - 6% Groceries || WF Cash - Cell Insurance || Rotating 5% Categories - Chase Freedom, Discover It, Citi Dividend || AMEX Zync - For Fun!

Message 4 of 24
CollegeStudent530
Regular Contributor

Nice! 

I went to Six Flags today and they automatically gave me a 5% discount on every transaction. I highly reccomend bringing this card if you're due for a trip soon. 

+1

Message 5 of 24
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:
Yes I used my discover card there about a year ago. I got to get in the discover line to skip the line and they also let that line in about 5-10 mins early so you can run to the rides that usually have the huge lines and ride one or 2 of those rides before everyone even gets in the park. I also used my discover for everything else in the park including the entry tickets and I can confirm I did receive my 5% cash back Smiley Happy it's awesome that discover and six flags offer this.

Thanks for the info...I did not know this!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 24
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

It definitely looks like Discover is the card to use at Six Flags!! Smiley Surprised Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 24
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

WOW - Very Cool !!

This has to be the Knowledge Nugget of the Day ! 

I just got my Discover IT card a few months ago, and wasn't sure if I was going to keep in in my wallet. 

I know that it is not big with the brick & mortar establishments, but is almost universally accepted online - so I was just going to leave it at my computer desk.

I really hope Discover finds a premium market niche (now that they have finally ditched those stupid "Peggy" commercials, they might get some respect).

I would like to learm more about any other "Members Only" perks available to Discover card holders.

Message 8 of 24
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@Meltdownblitz wrote:

WOW - Very Cool !!

This has to be the Knowledge Nugget of the Day ! 

I just got my Discover IT card a few months ago, and wasn't sure if I was going to keep in in my wallet. 

I know that it is not big with the brick & mortar establishments, but is almost universally accepted online - so I was just going to leave it at my computer desk.

I really hope Discover finds a premium market niche (now that they have finally ditched those stupid "Peggy" commercials, they might get some respect).

I would like to learm more about any other "Members Only" perks available to Discover card holders.

Its funny that you mention leaving it at your computer desk.  I ordered a spare discover... so one goes in my wallet and one stays by the computer.  My zync also stays by my computer. I use Amex and Discover almost exclusively for online purchases, just in case something goes wrong I know that they'll make it right.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I loved the Peggy commercials. XD

Any other theme/amusement IT does this for, or just six flags?
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.