Regular Contributor
CollegeStudent530

Use Discover at Six Flags?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Has anyone used their Discover at Six Flags? From the looks of it, they automatically give you a 5% discount per transaction in the park.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday® - $33,600 | United MileagePlus Explorer Card - $16,000 | Discover It™ - $8,000 | Chase Sapphire® - $6,000 | Chase Freedom® - $6,000 | BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™ - $2,500 | Golden 1 Credit Union Student® - $1,000

Recent College Graduate l Age: 21 l Gardening as of 08/15/2014

Established Contributor
frugalQ

Re: Use Discover at Six Flags?

Yes, I took kids twice last season and used Discover for everything for the 5% cashback.

I'm taking them twice this year and I plan to use Discover

Capital One QuickSilver 4.5K - AmEx Green NPSL - Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K - Amex BCP 16K - Chase Freedom 3K - Discover IT 7.5K - LOC 2.5K
Regular Contributor
asteroidblues86

My sister took her family and they got to skip a large line to enter the park.

Frequent Contributor
Meltdownblitz

Yes I used my discover card there about a year ago. I got to get in the discover line to skip the line and they also let that line in about 5-10 mins early so you can run to the rides that usually have the huge lines and ride one or 2 of those rides before everyone even gets in the park. I also used my discover for everything else in the park including the entry tickets and I can confirm I did receive my 5% cash back :smileyhappy: it's awesome that discover and six flags offer this.

Regular Contributor
CollegeStudent530

Nice! 

I went to Six Flags today and they automatically gave me a 5% discount on every transaction. I highly reccomend bringing this card if you're due for a trip soon. 

+1

American Express Blue Cash Everyday® - $33,600 | United MileagePlus Explorer Card - $16,000 | Discover It™ - $8,000 | Chase Sapphire® - $6,000 | Chase Freedom® - $6,000 | BankAmericard® Better Balance Rewards™ - $2,500 | Golden 1 Credit Union Student® - $1,000

Recent College Graduate l Age: 21 l Gardening as of 08/15/2014

Valued Contributor
indiolatino61

Meltdownblitz wrote:
Yes I used my discover card there about a year ago. I got to get in the discover line to skip the line and they also let that line in about 5-10 mins early so you can run to the rides that usually have the huge lines and ride one or 2 of those rides before everyone even gets in the park. I also used my discover for everything else in the park including the entry tickets and I can confirm I did receive my 5% cash back :smileyhappy: it's awesome that discover and six flags offer this.

Thanks for the info...I did not know this!

photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zpsf395b751.jpg
Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

It definitely looks like Discover is the card to use at Six Flags!! :smileysurprised: :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
NonSufficientFunds

Meltdownblitz wrote:

WOW - Very Cool !!

This has to be the Knowledge Nugget of the Day ! 

I just got my Discover IT card a few months ago, and wasn't sure if I was going to keep in in my wallet. 

I know that it is not big with the brick & mortar establishments, but is almost universally accepted online - so I was just going to leave it at my computer desk.

I really hope Discover finds a premium market niche (now that they have finally ditched those stupid "Peggy" commercials, they might get some respect).

I would like to learm more about any other "Members Only" perks available to Discover card holders.

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

NonSufficientFunds wrote:

Meltdownblitz wrote:

WOW - Very Cool !!

This has to be the Knowledge Nugget of the Day ! 

I just got my Discover IT card a few months ago, and wasn't sure if I was going to keep in in my wallet. 

I know that it is not big with the brick & mortar establishments, but is almost universally accepted online - so I was just going to leave it at my computer desk.

I really hope Discover finds a premium market niche (now that they have finally ditched those stupid "Peggy" commercials, they might get some respect).

I would like to learm more about any other "Members Only" perks available to Discover card holders.

Its funny that you mention leaving it at your computer desk.  I ordered a spare discover... so one goes in my wallet and one stays by the computer.  My zync also stays by my computer. I use Amex and Discover almost exclusively for online purchases, just in case something goes wrong I know that they'll make it right.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
jsucool76

I loved the Peggy commercials. XD

Any other theme/amusement IT does this for, or just six flags?
;

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}