cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Discover at Six Flags?

Regular Contributor

Use Discover at Six Flags?

Hi,

Has anyone used their Discover at Six Flags? From the looks of it, they automatically give you a 5% discount per transaction in the park.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Use Discover at Six Flags?

Yes, I took kids twice last season and used Discover for everything for the 5% cashback.

I'm taking them twice this year and I plan to use Discover

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 2 of 24
Regular Contributor

My sister took her family and they got to skip a large line to enter the park.

Message 3 of 24
Frequent Contributor

Yes I used my discover card there about a year ago. I got to get in the discover line to skip the line and they also let that line in about 5-10 mins early so you can run to the rides that usually have the huge lines and ride one or 2 of those rides before everyone even gets in the park. I also used my discover for everything else in the park including the entry tickets and I can confirm I did receive my 5% cash back Smiley Happy it's awesome that discover and six flags offer this.

Message 4 of 24
Regular Contributor

Nice! 

I went to Six Flags today and they automatically gave me a 5% discount on every transaction. I highly reccomend bringing this card if you're due for a trip soon. 

+1

Message 5 of 24
Valued Contributor

Meltdownblitz wrote:
Yes I used my discover card there about a year ago. I got to get in the discover line to skip the line and they also let that line in about 5-10 mins early so you can run to the rides that usually have the huge lines and ride one or 2 of those rides before everyone even gets in the park. I also used my discover for everything else in the park including the entry tickets and I can confirm I did receive my 5% cash back Smiley Happy it's awesome that discover and six flags offer this.

Thanks for the info...I did not know this!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 24
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

It definitely looks like Discover is the card to use at Six Flags!! Smiley Surprised Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 24
Frequent Contributor

Meltdownblitz wrote:

WOW - Very Cool !!

This has to be the Knowledge Nugget of the Day ! 

I just got my Discover IT card a few months ago, and wasn't sure if I was going to keep in in my wallet. 

I know that it is not big with the brick & mortar establishments, but is almost universally accepted online - so I was just going to leave it at my computer desk.

I really hope Discover finds a premium market niche (now that they have finally ditched those stupid "Peggy" commercials, they might get some respect).

I would like to learm more about any other "Members Only" perks available to Discover card holders.

Message 8 of 24
Moderator Emeritus

NonSufficientFunds wrote:

Meltdownblitz wrote:

WOW - Very Cool !!

This has to be the Knowledge Nugget of the Day ! 

I just got my Discover IT card a few months ago, and wasn't sure if I was going to keep in in my wallet. 

I know that it is not big with the brick & mortar establishments, but is almost universally accepted online - so I was just going to leave it at my computer desk.

I really hope Discover finds a premium market niche (now that they have finally ditched those stupid "Peggy" commercials, they might get some respect).

I would like to learm more about any other "Members Only" perks available to Discover card holders.

Its funny that you mention leaving it at your computer desk.  I ordered a spare discover... so one goes in my wallet and one stays by the computer.  My zync also stays by my computer. I use Amex and Discover almost exclusively for online purchases, just in case something goes wrong I know that they'll make it right.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 24
Super Contributor

I loved the Peggy commercials. XD

Any other theme/amusement IT does this for, or just six flags?
Message 10 of 24