cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of auth user card on Chase bonus 5k deal

tag
JeepGuy587

Use of auth user card on Chase bonus 5k deal

Does anyone know if I have to use the actual AU card for the one purchase to get the extra 5k UR points on CSP? I added a family member that I have no intention of giving the physical card to, and it appears that both it and mine have the same card number / CVV / exp date. I have already made a number of purchases on mine, so I am curious if I have already earned the bonus or if I need to use their physical card to make a small purchase before I earn the bonus.   Thanks!!

What's in my wallet? Chase Freedom - $7100 | Chase Sapphire Preferred - $6500 | AmEx BCE - $10,000 | BoA Cash Rewards - $5000 | Discover IT - $3500 | BoA Better Balance Rewards - $3000 | Citi Dividend - $8100

Member (of the Garden Club) Since 2/12/14 | GOAL: No apps until 01/01/15
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Use of auth user card on Chase bonus 5k deal

@JeepGuy587 wrote:

Does anyone know if I have to use the actual AU card for the one purchase to get the extra 5k UR points on CSP? I added a family member that I have no intention of giving the physical card to, and it appears that both it and mine have the same card number / CVV / exp date. I have already made a number of purchases on mine, so I am curious if I have already earned the bonus or if I need to use their physical card to make a small purchase before I earn the bonus.   Thanks!!

Yes, AU cards count just as much as the primary card Smiley Happy This goes for virtually everything.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 2 of 4
rlx01
Established Contributor

@JeepGuy587 wrote:

There's no way for them to know if the AU card was used or not.

The terms say this:

Earn 5,000 additional bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.

*You* add an AU and *you* make a purchase.

Message 3 of 4
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@rlx01 wrote:

@JeepGuy587 wrote:

There's no way for them to know if the AU card was used or not.

The terms say this:

Earn 5,000 additional bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening.

*You* add an AU and *you* make a purchase.

+1. No need for them to use it. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.