Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use the same inquiry for a second card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use the same inquiry for a second card?

Is it possible to use the same inquiry with Cap One to obtain a second card on the same day?

Just got approved for a Venture and it would be nice to squeeze another card out of the same inquiry. My AAA is already xx and I can't think of any other reason not to.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Use the same inquiry for a second card?

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it possible to use the same inquiry with Cap One to obtain a second card on the same day?

Just got approved for a Venture and it would be nice to squeeze another card out of the same inquiry. My AAA is already xx and I can't think of any other reason not to.

Thanks in advance!

It's not unheard of but as with any anomaly I would not count on it. Expect 3 hard pulls per card. Rejoice when when it's 3 for one pair.

Message 2 of 5
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks in advance!

It's not unheard of but as with any anomaly I would not count on it. Expect 3 hard pulls per card. Rejoice when when it's 3 for one pair.

I applied for the Capital one GM power card and got approved. Got declined for the Cap QS few minutes later and didn't get any alerts from TU for another HP

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a YMMV thing.  Some have reported getting away with it with others reporting fresh pulls for the new card.  

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

The bank is going to pull a fresh set of CRs, its the CRA that may combine the 2 pulls into 1 if they are done on the same day.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.