Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Backdoor number for CLI?

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Using Backdoor number for CLI?

Does the time frame it takes them to respond have and bearing on the likely hood of the outcome being good or bad?  I'm trying with CapOne and I read that it is usually 2-3 days and I am on day 5.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Using Backdoor number for CLI?

@Shellie wrote:

Does the time frame it takes them to respond have and bearing on the likely hood of the outcome being good or bad?  I'm trying with CapOne and I read that it is usually 2-3 days and I am on day 5.

Nope, probably have a lot of emails, took em 5 days to call me.

Message 2 of 13
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Unsucessful...again.

Message 3 of 13
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

Unsucessful...again.

Shellie, do you have other cards?  I would drop Cap1 if you can, I used them to rebuild 3 years ago but they failed to grow with me after the rebuild.  The work I had to put in to get a $500 increase simply wasnt worth it.  I contacted the EO multiple times, and just never got to where I felt I should be.  The end of this month my Cap1 cards will be paid off and closed.  Sorry to hear you were unable to get an increase.

Message 4 of 13
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I've had one for almost 2 years and the other for probably a year.  One has a $750 and the other is $600.  It doesn't seem to grow much.  The reasons they gave were too many new revolving accounts, which is legitimate, and something about the not having enough history for a $5000 CL.  I really thought they would counter at least.  I am carrying too high of a balance on them right now.  I have around 12 inq's and my scores are about 620 so I really REALLY hesitate to apply for anything else.  Last app was for CareCredit in Feb.  It was kinda out of my hands tho-kid needs braces.  I have a tax lien that is paid as of this month and released but from what I understand it will remain for 7 years from the date paid Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 13
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I've had one for almost 2 years and the other for probably a year.  One has a $750 and the other is $600.  It doesn't seem to grow much.  The reasons they gave were too many new revolving accounts, which is legitimate, and something about the not having enough history for a $5000 CL.  I really thought they would counter at least.  I am carrying too high of a balance on them right now.  I have around 12 inq's and my scores are about 620 so I really REALLY hesitate to apply for anything else.  Last app was for CareCredit in Feb.  It was kinda out of my hands tho-kid needs braces.  I have a tax lien that is paid as of this month and released but from what I understand it will remain for 7 years from the date paid Smiley Sad

Is that score FICO?  You are very close to a Discover card, those are low limits (I had the same with Cap1), Id try to suffer through the low limits, for at least 6 months, pay what you can in those 6 months and try a Barclay Rewards Card or Discover.  I feel your pain with the Cap1 cards though. 

I had a tax lien as well, paid in full (9k+), it was released, and I disputed it with the CRA's.  It took a few tries but I did get it removed from both TU and EQ...EX is being annoying, defintely worth the effort! 

Message 6 of 13
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Funny thing about the tax lien... I got a letter from TU just this week saying it was due to fall off June 2014.  I had already disputed it with TU and EQ.  Havent' heard back from EQ yet.  I just disputed with EX.  FIngers crossed.  It's been on there for 7 years already.

Message 7 of 13
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

Funny thing about the tax lien... I got a letter from TU just this week saying it was due to fall off June 2014.  I had already disputed it with TU and EQ.  Havent' heard back from EQ yet.  I just disputed with EX.  FIngers crossed.  It's been on there for 7 years already.

Well congrats on that, when mine got removed it saw about a 55 point increase to FICO, that should push you up into Barclay and Discover territory! 

Message 8 of 13
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I have 2 paid and 2 unpaid collections left.  Then my profile will have no negatives.

Message 9 of 13
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Consider yourself in good shape after those are removed.  I still have a BK7 reporting for 7 years which is killing me right now!  You get those last two baddies removed and you'll be well on your way to ditching those Cap1 cards!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.