Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Coupons with ShopDiscover

tag
yellowcake
Regular Contributor

Using Coupons with ShopDiscover

Hi all, would I still get the cashback bonus is I used coupons on an order placed through ShopDiscover?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
broseph23
Regular Contributor

Re: Using Coupons with ShopDiscover

I used shop discover for 15% cashback on a FinishLine purchase and I also used a coupon from FL that I had. Still got the extra cash back. 

Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 2 of 4
MASTERNC
Frequent Contributor

I think they're pretty stingy with that.  I have had cash back not credited to me because I used a coupon code.

If you go to the page for each merchant, you'll often see this

Offer is not valid in combination with any offers found outside ShopDiscover

Of course, if the coupon code is on the ShopDiscover page for that merchant, then you're fine.

Chase Ultimate Rewards seems to be more liberal (although it does depend on the merchant).

Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

Depends on the coupon and merchant itself.

Some merchants give out exclusive coupon codes to referral sites, such as fatwallet, retailmenot, etc. Whenever a customer uses those referrer specific codes, the merchant will award the referral fee to that website instead. Hence, shopdiscover, chase UR may not be able to collect any referral fees, which in turn, you will not get yours.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.