Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Discover & Amex Points At Amazon

tag
plasticguy
Established Contributor

Using Discover & Amex Points At Amazon

I make a few of purchases on Amazon and I noticed that Discover and Amex allows you to use points to make purchases. As anyone else tried that?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
timbone
Established Member

Re: Using Discover & Amex Points At Amazon

I use the cashback from my Discover more card at Amazon all the time.  You just log in to your amazon account and link it to your Discover.  It gives you the option at checkout to use the cash back for the purchase.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Amex point redemption value isn't very good, it's something like .7 cents per point, so I've never used it.

Message 3 of 5
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@timbone wrote:

I use the cashback from my Discover more card at Amazon all the time.  You just log in to your amazon account and link it to your Discover.  It gives you the option at checkout to use the cash back for the purchase.

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 4 of 5
searchingfor67
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The Amex point redemption value isn't very good, it's something like .7 cents per point, so I've never used it.

+1

TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.