Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Priorty Pass for the first time - CSR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Priorty Pass for the first time - CSR

So I have a CSR and dont travel too, too often. I opened it for the 100K bonus and am saving up my points for my honeymoon next year. I am going to Thailand on vacation in April. I will be flying from CLT to JFK, and then to China.

I have some questions about using Priorty Pass.

1) While in JFK can I visit another terminal? For example, I land in one terminal, depart from another termail, but want to visit a third terminal (see below).

2) If yes, I read that terminal 8 has Bobby Van's Steakhouse and I can use my CSR Priorty pass for a $28 food/drink credit. The site I read this on states that I will need to get my one guest a guest card? Is there a such thing or do I just tell the staff that they are my one guest to get a total of $56 worth of food/drink credit?

3) I think I will only be in JFK for a 3 hr layover, should this be enough time?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Priorty Pass for the first time - CSR

1. I'm not totally certain, but I believe so, yes.

2. I haven't heard of that - asksebby did a video where he went to the steakhouse at the Denver airport, and his priority pass covered him and his girlfriend. Might wanna call the steakhouse directly and just ask them.

3. I guess it depends how long it takes you to eat and what time of day you'll be there. My guess, if it's busy, the restaurant will probably be very busy, what with all the CSR cardholders etc. Take a look at the airport map, see how much walking all that would be, maybe even ask the restaurant about average wait times and see if you can place an order when you land so you don't have to wait so long once you're at the restaurant.
Message 2 of 5
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Its been forever since Ive flown through JFK

But its become a viable option now that Jetblue flies through JFK to the caribbean.

I was actually reading about that Steakhouse last night. It seems to me that you would just need to tell them your using your guest pass and they should give you the additonal 28 off. I dont think you can get a guest Priority pass card. It would defeat the purpose of having a membership if you could just hand it off to anyone without you being there.

With the CSR. Additional card members get their own membership to priority pass, but even then you still should be able to claim they as a guest and access the lounges if they didnt register yet.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 5
trusty
Frequent Contributor

I'd be more concerned about taking in all that good steak - just before hopping aboard an all day overseas flight.
Message 4 of 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I used to fly out of JFK frequently (but have since moved to CA, and only use it when coming back from NY). I've used the T4 Delta SkyClub and both Admirals Clubs in T8 (B and C). I've seen mediocre reviews for the T4 Wingtips, and have skipped it and just paid the $29 guest fee with my Schwab Platinum at the T4 SkyClub. I'm not familiar with other PP options or what any PP rules might be at this steakhouse.

The terminals are all in separate buildings. I don't think I've ever had to go between terminals at JFK, but any airside connectivity is very limited. Most likely, you would have to reclear security. TSA/GE/etc. can definitely help, but are no guarantee of speed. I'm also not sure on what their policy is of entering a terminal just for lounge access (never did it).

Terminal 8 is huge. That said, your steakhouse is not very far in.

I wouldn't do it. For a three-hour layover, it seems very rushed. Best case scenario, you have a rushed meal that might not be very enjoyable. Worst case scenario, you miss your connection.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.