cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ritz Carlton Points for a Club Level Suite?

tag
damierFICO
Valued Member

Using Ritz Carlton Points for a Club Level Suite?

I used the search tool and found an old thread that suggested I SM Chase and tswitched my 2 night compliemntary stay to 140,000 points. After it was approved I then called the reservation line to use my points to book a club level suite at Ritz Carlton SF (Tier 4). I was told that my points can only be redeemed for the "deluxe guest room or superior guest room." Can anyone chime in on their experiences if this is firm? Please and thanks.

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Ritz Carlton Points for a Club Level Suite?

@damierFICO wrote:

I used the search tool and found an old thread that suggested I SM Chase and tswitched my 2 night compliemntary stay to 140,000 points. After it was approved I then called the reservation line to use my points to book a club level suite at Ritz Carlton SF (Tier 4). I was told that my points can only be redeemed for the "deluxe guest room or superior guest room." Can anyone chime in on their experiences if this is firm? Please and thanks.

Without specific knowledge of that hotel, it's very common for hotels to limit the rooms available for points redemption.  I just checked some dates for that hotel using points and only the deluxe guest room showed under those available to pay with points. 

With your approval, did you not receive the Club Level upgrades?  

Message 2 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@damierFICO wrote:

I've stayed at the SF Ritz many times and the "higher" levels have to be paid for from what they have told me also. You can't even use the points to book your room and use the club level upgrade.

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 3 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

He's looking for the suite level. Last stay I had the 1 bedroom suite club level, really nice. Food and drinks just about all day. Parellel 37 is also very good if you're in for some great food. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

He's looking for the suite level. Last stay I had the 1 bedroom suite club level, really nice. Food and drinks just about all day. Parellel 37 is also very good if you're in for some great food. 

Sounds nice but I've never been to SF

Message 5 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

Sounds nice but I've never been to SF

Nice older hotel that was renovated not long ago. Sit on a hill so if you're gonna trek around be ready for some burnt out calves later lol. I'm only about 30-40 mins from SF so I come down here to relax at times. The spa is also nice but small. 

Message 6 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Book the standard deluxe room with points, then call or email the hotel directly and ask how much it would be to upgrade to club level. This is going to cost you $$. Anywhere between probably $100-$300 a night (for 2 people) plus between $50 and $100 for each additional person over 2 people. Might be cheaper, in which case I'd hop on it. If you drink a lot it's worth it, cause free booze.
Message 7 of 22
jsucool76
Super Contributor

#DoublePost

Also check the cost for just using cash for the nights of your stay. Using the Z38 Corporate/Promo code will let you see the cash price for using one of your club level upgrade certificates, and you'd also receve the $100 hotel credit if your stay is 2+ nights.
Message 8 of 22
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Book the standard deluxe room with points, then call or email the hotel directly and ask how much it would be to upgrade to club level. This is going to cost you $$. Anywhere between probably $100-$300 a night (for 2 people) plus between $50 and $100 for each additional person over 2 people. Might be cheaper, in which case I'd hop on it. If you drink a lot it's worth it, cause free booze.

Per person at SF Ritz is $100

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that the rooms with Club Lounge access are a mix of both suites and "basic" rooms.

But do all (or nearly all) R-C suites necessarily come with Club access (assuming a given R-C has a Club level)?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.