Did you mean: 

Using UR points to book travel

tag
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: Using UR points to book travel

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol I'm a liar? 

I booked a flight. I would still say I don't travel. It's a one way flight from fl back home. Paid with the CSP. 

Btw I looked at United to transfer the points and they all said 25000 points plus $5. That's much more than the flight I got

best use of points in general is international premium class imo, if you want to get the "best value". I used 160k points recently for two 1 w tickets to bangkok on Asiana Business. I think the fees were about twenty dollars each i think if i recall. I think if you pay cash for that its around 5,000 or so , so not an bad deal in my book. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 11 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol I'm a liar? 

I booked a flight. I would still say I don't travel. It's a one way flight from fl back home. Paid with the CSP. 

Btw I looked at United to transfer the points and they all said 25000 points plus $5. That's much more than the flight I got

best use of points in general is international premium class imo, if you want to get the "best value". I used 160k points recently for two 1 w tickets to bangkok on Asiana Business. I think the fees were about twenty dollars each i think if i recall. I think if you pay cash for that its around 5,000 or so , so not an bad deal in my book. 

I'm pumped for my Cathay pacific flight from NY to hong kong in first class tomorrow. Paid for with AA miles. Chevy with economy redemptions sometimes cash is better than transfer to travel partners, but I wouldn't use URs to do it and instead would use another cashback card if you weren't going to pay. Also, for short hops be sure to check out BA as you can get good value with those on short distances. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol I'm a liar? 

I'm pumped for my Cathay pacific flight from NY to hong kong in first class tomorrow. Paid for with AA miles. Chevy with economy redemptions sometimes cash is better than transfer to travel partners, but I wouldn't use URs to do it and instead would use another cashback card if you weren't going to pay. Also, for short hops be sure to check out BA as you can get good value with those on short distances. 

I was originally planning on using my UR for korean air first class but was kind of miffed about taxes for that flight would have been 500+ each, so decided to use the UR on asiana airlines business class, its not first class but i am sure it will be good enough. I am returning from BKK on cathay business, i am still debating whehter to try and upgrade last second to first class. I am doing the BKK-HKG-JFK route. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I just canceled my UR booking. I can get a late night flight for half the price. Mind boom!!!!

Message 14 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol I'm a liar? 

I was originally planning on using my UR for korean air first class but was kind of miffed about taxes for that flight would have been 500+ each, so decided to use the UR on asiana airlines business class, its not first class but i am sure it will be good enough. I am returning from BKK on cathay business, i am still debating whehter to try and upgrade last second to first class. I am doing the BKK-HKG-JFK route. 

I'm doing it so I can experience first with CX before the inevitable deval. which I anticipate at some point this year. Wanted to experience it once otherwise business is good enough, although my understanding is here is a big difference between cx business and first. Some other airlines have better business product but I don't know if they are on your routing. Its certainly not bad by any stretch of the imagination though. 

;
Message 15 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol I'm a liar? 

I'm doing it so I can experience first with CX before the inevitable deval. which I anticipate at some point this year. Wanted to experience it once otherwise business is good enough, although my understanding is here is a big difference between cx business and first. Some other airlines have better business product but I don't know if they are on your routing. Its certainly not bad by any stretch of the imagination though. 

I am tempted to see if i can get upgrade to first few days before my flight home from BKK, but its not that big of an deal to me. Business is good enough for me since i don't really drink so i wouldn't know the difference between good champagne and 5 dollar champagne lol. Tell me how your flight is though,  i would like to know so i know if its worth splurging I am not traveling till october so thats still an pretty long ways away. 

Message 16 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol I'm a liar? 

I am tempted to see if i can get upgrade to first few days before my flight home from BKK, but its not that big of an deal to me. Business is good enough for me since i don't really drink so i wouldn't know the difference between good champagne and 5 dollar champagne lol. Tell me how your flight is though,  i would like to know so i know if its worth splurging I am not traveling till october so thats still an pretty long ways away. 

Yea I will do a full trip report when I get back. Redeeming for some nice properties for hotel stays as well. 

;
Message 17 of 18
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@red259 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol I'm a liar? 

Yea I will do a full trip report when I get back. Redeeming for some nice properties for hotel stays as well. 

I have free place to stay in bkk so i  don't have that problem but may use my excess UR for maybe an stay at hyatt in phuket who knows. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.