Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Venture heavily

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Using Venture heavily

I have a lot of business and personal expenses that are always budgeted for every month.  At first the BoA card was used heavily and paid right away due to low limits.  Then the Freedom came and that alleviated the amount of times needed to pay right away.  Now with the Venture card at 10k this will really come in handy!  But, I am wondering if this will be a problem or signal a red flag for Cap One bank.  I will be swiping a lot (cash is already sitting in bank so PIF is not an issue). 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Using Venture heavily

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a lot of business and personal expenses that are always budgeted for every month.  At first the BoA card was used heavily and paid right away due to low limits.  Then the Freedom came and that alleviated the amount of times needed to pay right away.  Now with the Venture card at 10k this will really come in handy!  But, I am wondering if this will be a problem or signal a red flag for Cap One bank.  I will be swiping a lot (cash is already sitting in bank so PIF is not an issue). 

If you have a business, I suggest you get a business card for those business expenses for accounting purposes.  But CAP 1 and any other banks likes their cards to be used heavily as long it is being paid back.  You should be fine...

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still trying to decide where I will move my business account to (from WF)! 

Message 3 of 8
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Getting a business credit card might be a good idea. If you run both your personal and business on one card, the one red flag I can think of is if your annual spend is greater than your stated income. If that's the case, I'd split it up the spend between cards, not from the same CCC. Or get a business card...problem solved.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am still trying to decide where I will move my business account to (from WF)! 

I personally use Chase for my business and some other local banks.  CUs are also good when it comes to business accounts.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ink Plus for business. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why would heavy use be an issue? I put about $3,400 on my Venture within two weeks of activating it. If you have the credit limit, it doesn't matter. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! Chase is looking strong for my business account. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.