cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using checks from CC Company??? Help!

tag
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

Re: Using checks from CC Company??? Help!

I used one from citi to pay a contractor that did not take c.c's. I wrote it to myself and gave him cash that i paid out to him over a couple weeks.. It was NOT treated as a cash advance. I had a 3% fee and 24 months at 0% interest. 3 to 4 % seems to be common, i have gotten them in the mail with no fee. Unless there is a real compelling reason to use one though, i would not do it, but there are certainly times when they can make sense. At least for me.
Message 21 of 22
ObieGrad
Valued Member

Re: Using checks from CC Company??? Help!

In my experience the same offer with the checks is also avaliable as a balance transfer.  The transfer (either online or over the phone) might be easier than dealing with the checks.

I used a deal like this with Citi, you did a balance transfer (3%, $5 min fee) and then any purchases or transfers after that would be interest free for 18 months.  I made a transfer of $150 to my checking account, paid $5, and then made a large purchase on the card which I paid off before the period expired.

Just make sure you continue to make at least your minimum payments in the meantime!!!

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.