Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usual initial credit limits from chase?

tag
Gh0st
Contributor

Usual initial credit limits from chase?

A few months after my first cc(year ago), I applied for citi and got a nice $4000 limit.  It was a big surprise compared to my $1000 cap one Smiley Very Happy. I recently applied to discover(more) and chase(freedom). Discover gave me a $2000 limit to my surprise and chase gave me a $1000 limit.  I guess I assumed wrong that one you have a high limit, the others would follow? I hope I'm not coming off as too greedy, I'm happy and surprised regarding my acceptances I'm just trying to understand the whole credit scene. Plus I thought chase was a big lender compared to discover Smiley Very Happy

.Believe.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Usual initial credit limits from chase?

@Gh0st wrote:

A few months after my first cc(year ago), I applied for citi and got a nice $4000 limit.  It was a big surprise compared to my $1000 cap one Smiley Very Happy. I recently applied to discover(more) and chase(freedom). Discover gave me a $2000 limit to my surprise and chase gave me a $1000 limit.  I guess I assumed wrong that one you have a high limit, the others would follow? I hope I'm not coming off as too greedy, I'm happy and surprised regarding my acceptances I'm just trying to understand the whole credit scene. Plus I thought chase was a big lender compared to discover Smiley Very Happy

they're more likely to follow, but that doesn't mean that they will.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.