Did you mean: 

Util before next statement....

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Util before next statement....

Hi OP

Since you use CK, after you log in and click on either EQ or TU, under the score, click on See Details, then click on Factors, scroll down to Other Factors, and click on Credit Card Utilization. Scroll down to review Your Report Data. This will provide you with details on each CC balance, credit limit, and, most importantly, the dates the info was reported! I hope this will provide you with some additional insight on how your utilization is affecting your credit.

And, on another note, all the info that has been provided to you from MyFICOers is "on the money" and should be added to your arsenal of info to get your CLs to grow.

Good luck to you.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. The only factor it's showing is that my balance on credit card increased $421. Well yeah because I put money through it and constantly pay it off. I guess it's just frustrating that even though my balance is only truly reported once a month and it's always paid, but seems my score dropped 5 points simply by using the card. Even though it will be zero when the actual statement is cut. Live and learn.
Message 22 of 27
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I just thought of something else, OP, that could possibly be creating a problem for you. Remember, just because you PIF before statement cuts doesn't mean payment has posted to your account. Depending on the CC, it could take anywhere from 2-3 days, maybe even up to 5 days to post for some credit cards.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 23 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I would just keep working on your profile, pay your bills on time ,as you are doing, work on getting sp cli if possible, and try to not drive yourself crazy everytime you see your score drop. I know its not easy i dont like to see see my score drop either but when you understand why it drops much easier to swallow. Unless your going for a car or house just give it time, your score will grow. I also understand peoples feelings on fakos but for the life of me i would never call them useless or irrelevant as they do give you a feeling on how you're doing . They wouldnt exist if they had no purpose. I can normally guestimate my fico based on what i see on my vantage score now i say that for me as in my past experience in the last year a certain score correlates relative to when i had a certain fico. But i know these also can be huge in differences with Fico scores. You can use em or snooze em Smiley Wink
Message 24 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My limits are so low on my cards. So I always get close to maxing them all out each cycle. I even PIF a couple times before the statement cuts. However even though I am PIF my CK scores always drop because of my utilization. Hopefully they recover each time because I am always PIF before statement. Any way around these drops in scores every 7 days because of util, or am I kind of doomed until I can get these limits increased?

The banks also keep an internal score of how you pay your bills which deff will help. When the time is right, do a CLI, or apply for a charge card with Amex to see if you can get it. That is what I did when I started to have my limits report to high. I as well am a PIF guy, and the charge card helped me out a lot now I only use that, and my utilization is at 5% at most 15% every month!

Message 25 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah as some other people might have seen with my other post my main short term goal is the Amex PRG. I'm not trying to buy a house. Already have a car. Just want to get rewarded for all the dang money I spend haha. And I PIF anyway so that's really all I want is the PRG!
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

. delete please sorry

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.