Did you mean: 

Util greater than 0 but less than 1%

tag
masscredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Util greater than 0 but less than 1%

@user5387 wrote:

@masscredit wrote:

I've been playing with my utilization to maximize my scores next week. The lowest I've had since I've really been watching my credit is 8%. That was last month. It gave me an EQ score of 702. Only one card was reporting a balance. Next week I'll be at 2.5% (rounded to 3%). Two cards will be reporting. One $414. and the other $6.  Cap1 charged me $6. interest for some reason so that kind of messed that one up. Don't know if that small balance will be worth a few points. I'm going to try different Util % over the next few months to see if there is a sweet spot for me.  There should defiantely only be one card reporting each month affer this one. 

The $6 might be residual interest, if you were carrying a balance previously.

The small balance won't hurt you by itself, except possibly that it means another card reporting a balance, and the proportion of CCs with balances is part of the scoring.

I changed the payment due  and statment dates for both of my Cap1 accounts a few months ago. There was a little issue with them not being changed to the correct date. One closed two weeks earlier than it was supposed to and the other had an interest charge that wasn't supposed to be there last month. That kind of carried over to the statement that just closed even though the statment was PIF before the closing date. Cap1 took care of all of the finance charges but the balances still ended up reporting. The one that I was upset about was the statement that closed early. The account was almost to the limit and would have been at zero on the closing date but it closed on the wrong date. My scores dropped by at least 15 points because of that. I didn't lose much sleep over it. Just took me an extra month to reach my goal. 

Pre-Credit Rebuild Scores Pre-DC (3/24/22) - EQ - 524 / TU - 519 / EX - 495

Current Scores - EQ - 687 / TU - 663/ EX - 677

TD Bank - $5000 / Mercury - $5000 / Capital One Savor One- $5000 / SDFCU Secured - $4990 / Capital One QuickSiver - $4500 / Ally Master Card - $2800/ Walmart Mastercard - $2250

Andrews FCU SSL $1500
Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.