Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Util% high

tag
oracles
Valued Contributor

Util% high

I know this is far fetched, however, are there any cards out there that will aprove for a Credit card or give a cli even though Util% is around 42%.

Just trying to find ways to increase my overall credit limit and bring down the Util%. I have been putting major dollars towards decreasing my debt but just wanted to see if i can also bring up my overall credit limit by adding new credit or getting a cli. I have a clean record, no negatives at all, fico is around 720-730 just Util% is killing me.

I have already increased by GE accts that i currently have. Gap and Jcpenney

Tried to increase Jcrew but i havent used that card in so long, it was decline and luckily i checked my credit report and they were not reporting and became dormant. I just brought something 2 weeks ago for 6 dollars (pair of socks haha) and it is now reporting to the CRAs. I probably took a ding for a dormant card reporting but i know i will get it back the foloowing month.

All my other cards are prime card, ax, (3) citi, (3) chase, Bofa, discover, hsbc, patelco, NASA

I know many of you are going to say just wait it out and i agree but just making sure i cover all corners and turn over all rocks.

I am going to go to Walmart soon and apply in store for thier store or discover card, whichever one they give me.

Thanks guys for all your help

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Util% high

Barclays and Chase approved me with higher util, just called the recon line and explained why so high

Message 2 of 7
oracles
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

Barclays and Chase approved me with higher util, just called the recon line and explained why so high

Thanks John for responding, may i ask how high was your util% and/or how much it equates into dollars?

Message 3 of 7
FrugalRican
Blogger

I was at about 48% - ($7800/15900) more or less when I got the Chase Freedom.

But I was also a Checking/Savings customer, so I have no idea if that had any positive effect on me getting the card.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 7
john398
Senior Contributor

about 80% but that was due to Christmas, I am down to about 60% now based on about 14k CL total

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 58% when I just got approved for a Citi Dividend card.

Message 6 of 7
Erica1
Regular Contributor

My BF was just approved for the Citi Forward with I believe 42% util. It may have been 46. His overall avail credit was around 5k. Had 0 inquiries and no baddies.
2/22/13: TU-716, EX-702, 4/24: EQ-749
2/20/14: TU-695, EQ-671
Goal: mid-700's
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.