Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization DOES Matter!

tag
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Utilization DOES Matter!

This is more for those of us who are still new and who are still wondering how to improve FICO scores.

At the start of this month Equifax FICO rose from 611 to 619 after my utilization was lowered.

After increasing several credit card balances by at least 400%  over the past two weeks, Equifax dipped to 612 then to 609 where it was until this afternoon.

I got three new accounts over the past few days.  One account with a $600.00 limit hit late this afternoon.  Tonight, Equifax FICO = 616.

Had to see it with my own eyes to really believe how balances play a major role in determining FICO scores.
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Utilization DOES Matter!

Changingmantra wrote:
Had to see it with my own eyes to really believe how balances play a major role in determining FICO scores.

Do you believe us now?  Smiley Very Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Most certainly!!!! Smiley Wink
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 3 of 7
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Thank you thank you! cant wait for my next pull!Smiley Very Happy
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 4 of 7
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Good Luck with it!  What did you decide about the GEMB business account?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Utilization can affect your score substantially. It dropped my score about eighty points.

The good part about that is when my financial fortunes turn around, I'll get all those points back and more when I pay down my balances.
Message 6 of 7
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

I sent them a recon letter... I hope it works!
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.