Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization on VISA Sig

tag
mahendra82
Contributor

Utilization on VISA Sig

How do CRAs factor in the utilization on Visa Signature Cards. Do they count the balance in your overall utilization? 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Utilization on VISA Sig

@mahendra82 wrote:

How do CRAs factor in the utilization on Visa Signature Cards. Do they count the balance in your overall utilization? 

Since most VISA Signature card doesn't report a CL, the account's high balance will be used to calculate your utils.

Message 2 of 8
vish1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mahendra82 wrote:

Since most VISA Signature card doesn't report a CL, the account's high balance will be used to calculate your utils.

It depends on the FICO algo used by the lender. If a lender uses a newer algo, your Visa sig / NPSL / World MC cards wont be used for calcualtions at all. For older FICO algo's your high balance will be used for CL.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 3 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

The Visa Signature card with no credit limit is coded as a Flexible Spending account on my credit reports.  Not sure how or iff that affects my FICO score. 

Message 4 of 8
DI
Super Contributor

One more thing...since no balance is reporting for my BankAmericard Visa Signature to show my $7,000 CL, I  did a PC to BOA AMEX Accelerated card.  Hopefully, the limit reports when ever I get  and activate the card.

Message 5 of 8
sddykstr
Valued Member

I was approved last week for a $5K Visa sig. How would a PC work? Would they run my credit again, or change my limit or APR?

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sddykstr wrote:

I was approved last week for a $5K Visa sig. How would a PC work? Would they run my credit again, or change my limit or APR?

Who do you have the Visa Signature with? How a PC would work (assuming they do it at all) depends on your bank.

Message 7 of 8
sddykstr
Valued Member

BofA for me. I just don't want them to decide to change my CL or something like that if I PC.

Starting Score: 653
Current Score: 721
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.