Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization....

tag
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

Utilization....

I may have messed up. I was not paying attention and charged something today 12/08 on my CC just before midnight. My statement closes also on the 8th. Will this pending charge show on my statement now? My cc usually reports the balance that is on the card on the statement date, so will the charge also report to the CRA? 

Dnag it!

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Utilization....

What kind of card is it?  Some are faster than others at posting charges.  I highly doubt it's going to post within a day, but nothing is 100%  

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CAnNY wrote:

I may have messed up. I was not paying attention and charged something today 12/08 on my CC just before midnight. My statement closes also on the 8th. Will this pending charge show on my statement now? My cc usually reports the balance that is on the card on the statement date, so will the charge also report to the CRA? 

Dnag it!

It depends on the lender.  More often than not, until the transaction posts (i.e. clears through the batch process) it may still take another 24-48 hours to post on your account, which would still reflect the transaction date as 12/8.  So it's possible your statement will generate (likely in the wee hours) without including that transaction.

You can check first thing in the morning to see what displays as your next balance as an indicator.  Which lender was this and did you currently have a balance on the card, besides the transaction of 12/8?

Message 3 of 6
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@CAnNY wrote:

Dnag it!

It depends on the lender.  More often than not, until the transaction posts (i.e. clears through the batch process) it may still take another 24-48 hours to post on your account, which would still reflect the transaction date as 12/8.  So it's possible your statement will generate (likely in the wee hours) without including that transaction.

You can check first thing in the morning to see what displays as your next balance as an indicator.  Which lender was this and did you currently have a balance on the card, besides the transaction of 12/8?

+1 Fin Smiley Happy

most likely it will be on the new statement

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 6
CAnNY
Frequent Contributor

It was a zero balance since I normally pay the card in question in full prior to the statement date. CCC is NFCU. 

Starting Score: TU 489 EQ 561 EX unknown (2/24/2013)
Current Score: Lender Pull (11/15/13) EQ 702, TU 679, EX 684
Goal Score: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
JediNeo
Frequent Contributor

Are you planning to apply for new credit soon? If not I wouldn't worry too much about it. If it does bother you can you make an online payment now so they will post at the same time? I know some CCC don't allow payment of there is no balance or payment is higher than current balance.
NFCU Cash Rewards | CSP | Freedom Unlimited | WalMart MC | Target Red MC | Citi Costco | AMEX BCE
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.