Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Utilization %

tag
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Utilization %

I have roughly about 27,000 in available credit and I keep less than 200.00 reporting each month between all accounts. Is that good or should I show more?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Utilization %

Per FICO? Or per future lenders?

Message 2 of 8
myjourney
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Per FICO? Or per future lenders?

Good question?Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 8
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Lets go with both?? Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 8
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

I use all my cards but just pay them each month.
Message 5 of 8
WhoisIsaac

I'm new, just got my trial Scorewatch EQ Fico score today. I paid off my three credit cards before the check and with 0% util my Myfico EQ score came in at 810. Thats with a spotless 7 year average age of account. I picked up about 15 points by adding a third credit card 6 months ago and working it a bit before paying it off. Simulator said I can go to 830 without any car loan or mortgage so I guess you only need three credit cards to make well into the 800 club! If your score is too high credit card companies will deny you because you never pay interest! Mortgage inquiries could drop your score by 20 points or so and you need to stay above 760 to get the best rates. For the fun of it I might put 1 or 2% back on my cards and check my credit again but I think Myfico only picks up the last statement balances so..
Message 6 of 8
shols44
Frequent Contributor

@WhoisIsaac wrote:
I'm new, just got my trial Scorewatch EQ Fico score today. I paid off my three credit cards before the check and with 0% util my Myfico EQ score came in at 810. Thats with a spotless 7 year average age of account. I picked up about 15 points by adding a third credit card 6 months ago and working it a bit before paying it off. Simulator said I can go to 830 without any car loan or mortgage so I guess you only need three credit cards to make well into the 800 club! If your score is too high credit card companies will deny you because you never pay interest! Mortgage inquiries could drop your score by 20 points or so and you need to stay above 760 to get the best rates. For the fun of it I might put 1 or 2% back on my cards and check my credit again but I think Myfico only picks up the last statement balances so..

If your score is too high credit card companies will deny you because you never pay interest! Thats just an incredibly ridiculous thing to say. Stop it. 

I paid off my three credit cards before the check and with 0%. You are likely hurting yourself here. 0% utilization does not optimize your score as well as 1% util. Let at least $1 report on 1 card and I bet you will likely break through 820. If you do let 1% util report, once your statements cut, I bet you will get a score alert. 

Starting Score: 501
Current Score: 754 EQ,TU 745,EX 750
Goal Score: 800

Message 7 of 8
JonStur
Established Contributor

@shols44 wrote:

@WhoisIsaac wrote:

If your score is too high credit card companies will deny you because you never pay interest! Thats just an incredibly ridiculous thing to say. Stop it. 

I paid off my three credit cards before the check and with 0%. You are likely hurting yourself here. 0% utilization does not optimize your score as well as 1% util. Let at least $1 report on 1 card and I bet you will likely break through 820. If you do let 1% util report, once your statements cut, I bet you will get a score alert. 

@Breaking 800 is really just a let me see if I can do it thing, an ego booster if you will.. Once you reach @770 it really doesn't matter because you'll receive a creditors best rate anyway...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.