Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VALERO GAS CARD

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VALERO GAS CARD

I applied and was approved for a Valero gas card with a $600 credit limit...If your in California there are plenty of gas stations and also they are having a special promotion. If your application is approved, you will qualify for 30 cents off of each gallon of gas for the next three (3) months. Best gas card IMO.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: VALERO GAS CARD

Congrats on your approval. I have had the card for almost ten years. It is too bad they don't offer any rewards.

Ron.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

8% discount is nice, but only for three months makes it... well, nice for three months.  And only at one gas station.  So you use the card for 2 years, and you average about 1% discount, which is okay, but doesn't match most other cards that aren't even gas cards.

PenFed card has 5% cash back at every gas station, every day, forever (until they change it).  BankAmeriCard I believe has 2-3% cash back (and you can use it anywhere.. again).

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What I meant to say first was "congrats on your approval!" and somehow I forgot it when I started figuring out math.  Sorry!

Congrats on your approval! :-)

Message 4 of 10
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

8% discount is nice, but only for three months makes it... well, nice for three months.  And only at one gas station.  So you use the card for 2 years, and you average about 1% discount, which is okay, but doesn't match most other cards that aren't even gas cards.

PenFed card has 5% cash back at every gas station, every day, forever (until they change it).  BankAmeriCard I believe has 2-3% cash back (and you can use it anywhere.. again).

I understand that PenFed is the greatest gas card in the world...but not everyone can qualify for PenFed or BOA for that matter. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@learnin113 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I understand that PenFed is the greatest gas card in the world...but not everyone can qualify for PenFed or BOA for that matter. 

Quite the leap there, learnin113.. seems like you are taking something personally when you shouldn't be.  nobody said PenFed was the greatest gas card in the world, nobody said anything about qualifying for it.  The OP stated he thought the Valero card was "best gas card" and I offered a different viewpoint on a couple other cards based on facts.  Hopefully that's allowed and you don't take that personally.

Thanks.

Message 6 of 10
learnin113
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@learnin113 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Quite the leap there, learnin113.. seems like you are taking something personally when you shouldn't be.  nobody said PenFed was the greatest gas card in the world, nobody said anything about qualifying for it.  The OP stated he thought the Valero card was "best gas card" and I offered a different viewpoint on a couple other cards based on facts.  Hopefully that's allowed and you don't take that personally.

Thanks.

No, nothing personal.  Just saying.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If we are taking credit worthiness and qualifications into account, rather than just a straight comparison of rewards, I would have to say that for some, First Premier my be their best gas card, or a centurion may be someone else's, or paying cash may be someone else's.

Message 8 of 10
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied and was approved for a Valero gas card with a $600 credit limit...If your in California there are plenty of gas stations and also they are having a special promotion. If your application is approved, you will qualify for 30 cents off of each gallon of gas for the next three (3) months. Best gas card IMO.

Hi, Dolphins!

Congrats on the approval!

I spent a few months in CA last year, and I was amazed at the number of gas stations that did not even accept credit cards whatsoever!  They seem to want debit cards, though.

I also have a Valero card, but did not have it with me when I visited CA Smiley Sad .  Could have saved myself a few bucks with it.

Since you did not ask a question, I won't give you an answer  (that's a first, folks!!)

Have a good one, Dolphins!!

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Jausanka,

Contacted CSR at Valero and told that since they offer this special promotion twice a year or 6 months out of the year I would automatically be enrolled in their future promotions to save an additional 30 cents per gallon. Have a nice day everyone!

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.