Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
New Contributor
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎12-06-2011
0

VALERO GAS CARD

I applied and was approved for a Valero gas card with a $600 credit limit...If your in California there are plenty of gas stations and also they are having a special promotion. If your application is approved, you will qualify for 30 cents off of each gallon of gas for the next three (3) months. Best gas card IMO.

Super Contributor
Posts: 8,163
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD

Congrats on your approval. I have had the card for almost ten years. It is too bad they don't offer any rewards.

 

 

Ron.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎05-06-2009
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD

8% discount is nice, but only for three months makes it... well, nice for three months.  And only at one gas station.  So you use the card for 2 years, and you average about 1% discount, which is okay, but doesn't match most other cards that aren't even gas cards.

 

PenFed card has 5% cash back at every gas station, every day, forever (until they change it).  BankAmeriCard I believe has 2-3% cash back (and you can use it anywhere.. again).

 

 

 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎05-06-2009
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD

What I meant to say first was "congrats on your approval!" and somehow I forgot it when I started figuring out math.  Sorry!

 

Congrats on your approval! :-)

Established Contributor
Posts: 541
Registered: ‎12-02-2011
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD


jausanka wrote:

8% discount is nice, but only for three months makes it... well, nice for three months.  And only at one gas station.  So you use the card for 2 years, and you average about 1% discount, which is okay, but doesn't match most other cards that aren't even gas cards.

 

PenFed card has 5% cash back at every gas station, every day, forever (until they change it).  BankAmeriCard I believe has 2-3% cash back (and you can use it anywhere.. again).

 

 

 


I understand that PenFed is the greatest gas card in the world...but not everyone can qualify for PenFed or BOA for that matter. 

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎05-06-2009
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD


learnin113 wrote:

jausanka wrote:

8% discount is nice, but only for three months makes it... well, nice for three months.  And only at one gas station.  So you use the card for 2 years, and you average about 1% discount, which is okay, but doesn't match most other cards that aren't even gas cards.

 

PenFed card has 5% cash back at every gas station, every day, forever (until they change it).  BankAmeriCard I believe has 2-3% cash back (and you can use it anywhere.. again).

 

 

 


I understand that PenFed is the greatest gas card in the world...but not everyone can qualify for PenFed or BOA for that matter. 



Quite the leap there, learnin113.. seems like you are taking something personally when you shouldn't be.  nobody said PenFed was the greatest gas card in the world, nobody said anything about qualifying for it.  The OP stated he thought the Valero card was "best gas card" and I offered a different viewpoint on a couple other cards based on facts.  Hopefully that's allowed and you don't take that personally.

 

Thanks.

Established Contributor
Posts: 541
Registered: ‎12-02-2011
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD


jausanka wrote:

learnin113 wrote:

jausanka wrote:

8% discount is nice, but only for three months makes it... well, nice for three months.  And only at one gas station.  So you use the card for 2 years, and you average about 1% discount, which is okay, but doesn't match most other cards that aren't even gas cards.

 

PenFed card has 5% cash back at every gas station, every day, forever (until they change it).  BankAmeriCard I believe has 2-3% cash back (and you can use it anywhere.. again).

 

 

 


I understand that PenFed is the greatest gas card in the world...but not everyone can qualify for PenFed or BOA for that matter. 



Quite the leap there, learnin113.. seems like you are taking something personally when you shouldn't be.  nobody said PenFed was the greatest gas card in the world, nobody said anything about qualifying for it.  The OP stated he thought the Valero card was "best gas card" and I offered a different viewpoint on a couple other cards based on facts.  Hopefully that's allowed and you don't take that personally.

 

Thanks.


No, nothing personal.  Just saying.

Frequent Contributor
Posts: 483
Registered: ‎05-06-2009
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD

If we are taking credit worthiness and qualifications into account, rather than just a straight comparison of rewards, I would have to say that for some, First Premier my be their best gas card, or a centurion may be someone else's, or paying cash may be someone else's.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,708
Registered: ‎10-16-2008
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD


Dolphins wrote:

I applied and was approved for a Valero gas card with a $600 credit limit...If your in California there are plenty of gas stations and also they are having a special promotion. If your application is approved, you will qualify for 30 cents off of each gallon of gas for the next three (3) months. Best gas card IMO.


Hi, Dolphins!

 

Congrats on the approval!

 

I spent a few months in CA last year, and I was amazed at the number of gas stations that did not even accept credit cards whatsoever!  They seem to want debit cards, though.

 

I also have a Valero card, but did not have it with me when I visited CA Smiley Sad .  Could have saved myself a few bucks with it.

 

Since you did not ask a question, I won't give you an answer  (that's a first, folks!!)

 

 

Have a good one, Dolphins!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

New Contributor
Posts: 61
Registered: ‎12-06-2011
0

Re: VALERO GAS CARD


jausanka wrote:

8% discount is nice, but only for three months makes it... well, nice for three months.  And only at one gas station.  So you use the card for 2 years, and you average about 1% discount, which is okay, but doesn't match most other cards that aren't even gas cards.

 

PenFed card has 5% cash back at every gas station, every day, forever (until they change it).  BankAmeriCard I believe has 2-3% cash back (and you can use it anywhere.. again).

 

 

 


Hi Jausanka,

 

Contacted CSR at Valero and told that since they offer this special promotion twice a year or 6 months out of the year I would automatically be enrolled in their future promotions to save an additional 30 cents per gallon. Have a nice day everyone!

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.