Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VERVE CARD

tag
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

VERVE CARD

Today was my 1 year with them.  I called them and asked for CLI.  They increased my limit from $500 to $625.00. I laughed at them.  Then they said on the annual fee and monthly fee total over $200 a year. For that crappy card?? lol I told them to close the account.  They said "ok no problem"  They didn't even try to save me as a customer.  I used the card monthly, never charged more than 15% and always paid in full.  What ever. I used them for what I needed them for and now moving on :-)

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VERVE CARD

I had the same experience a few days back with the surge card. This month would have been one year. I asked them for a CLI and they said it would only be available after I had it for at least the full year. (Sure that is so they can charge another AF)

I also asked about waiving the annual fee or the monthly fee to know avail. I politely told the lady that there was no incentive for me to remain a customer if they can't meet either of those needs.

She then asked if I would like to close the account, I told her yes. Chopped that card up. I asked her to send me something in the mail showing it was closed and that I would not be charged any additional fees.

I also asked how long it would report before it closed. She said it would report a few more months. On my 3b today it still shows as an open line. I sign into the account ever couple of days to make sure they don't try to sneak any fees in
Message 2 of 9
CostantinoA
Established Contributor

Its funny, a little while ago, I said let me try for Amex and I was approved for Amex Hilton card.  I dropped VERVE and picked up Amex.  It was a great trade.  Amex starting limit was 1000 so better than the (500 +125) than the VERVE was offering.

Experian - 695 (4Y1M AA, 33 INQ)
Transunion - 686 (1Y5M AA, 30 INQ)
Equifax - 726 (3Y1M AA, 4 INQ)
Total Credit Lines: $99,387
Message 3 of 9
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

I had the Verve card as well a while back.  It's a crappy card, but like you said, it served its purpose.  On to bigger and better things!

Congrats on "trimming the fat!"

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 4 of 9
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@CostantinoA wrote:

Its funny, a little while ago, I said let me try for Amex and I was approved for Amex Hilton card.  I dropped VERVE and picked up Amex.  It was a great trade.  Amex starting limit was 1000 so better than the (500 +125) than the VERVE was offering.

With trades like that, you will make a great general manager of your favorite sports 

team!

Congrats on an EXCELLENT trade!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good decision, based on that info. Certainly didn't sound worth keeping.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 9
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Davidasmithlpn wrote:
I also asked how long it would report before it closed. She said it would report a few more months. On my 3b today it still shows as an open line. I sign into the account ever couple of days to make sure they don't try to sneak any fees in

Since the account has no negative (late payment, over the limit, high utilization) issues, reporting on the credit reports can be delayed. I closed out a TD credit card account that I didn't want to pay the annual fee on, but the account only closed out on the reports recently.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 7 of 9
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

Wait....92 inquiries on EX?? Sweet mother of..

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 8 of 9
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.