this is a lol card

unless they cut the annual fee drastically

or make the card out of palladium or of similar sort

Message 11 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: VISA BLACK CARD CHANGES ANNOUNCED TO CURRENT MEMBERS

@boosnark wrote:

For the same annual fee, I cannot imagine how this is competitive compared to the Ritz, Amex Platinum, or Chase Prestige. They've also discontinued roadside dispatch and trip reimbursements. Airline credit is a paltry $100 per annum.

Kinda agree there.  Everything gives travel insurance to some point (even my no fee Amex's offer lost luggage, last I looked).  Is lost luggage covered under WEMC benefits?

They have those benefits listed under WEMC benefits.  So just transferring.  Cancelled trip, lost/delayed luggage, exclusions apply.

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

$450 is pretty steep considering the earning rate isn't that good (you can get 2% with Citi DC and have no restrictions and no AF) and the benefits are meh at best. I guess some people think it has a status symbol or like the luxury gifts? I guess if I was going to get a card with such a high AF, I would go for Plat for those benefits or Prestige since it seems like you get more for your buck there. 

Just....YUP.

Signature needs updating
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how this differs from the Citi world elite mastercard?  Maybe it won't be made out of cardboard like the current Citi world elite?  Smiley Surprised

Message 14 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

the visa black card (and now luxury card wemc) simply rides on the heels of network benefits. visa signature and wemc benefits.

the benefits it offers on top of those benefits are extremely limited.

Ritz, plat, and Prestige card all offer benefits far above what is simply a visa Sig or wemc benefit (or amex benefit in the case of the plat)
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, its still a piece of shiitake?
Message 16 of 18
jsucool76
Super Contributor

yep
Message 17 of 18
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

How do we choose between the Barclay Card Luxury Card MasterCard vs the Barclay Card Luxury Card MasterCard future cards?

Just pick a card, any card?

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.