cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA BLACK CARD - Has anyone heard of it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VISA BLACK CARD - Has anyone heard of it?

I was shopping online this evening when I came across a link to The Black Card.

It's limited and 1% of US residents are eligible. 

The card is made of carbon graphite.

AF @ $495

(mods - Not sure if I can post links but feel free to remove it if its against the rules.)

www.blackcard.com

It is issued by BARCLAYS!

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VISA BLACK CARD - Has anyone heard of it?

There was a thread about it a few days ago - doesn't sound that great to me at all...

link

It's funny, I've lived here a year and a half and whereas Barclays is, in my/their home country a perfectly respectable, non-evil bank to do business with (well, I mean, they can have their moments, but they're just a high street bank like BofA or Chase), and the first bank ever to issue credit cards in the UK... now I have been conditioned to think 'booooo!!! hissssss!!!' every time I see the B-word and to be absolutely convinced I would never, in a million years, do business with them! (Too late - my old checking account is now a Barclays one after the bank I originally opened it with was swallowed up by them after I moved here - oh well!)

Message 2 of 19
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

There are plenty of other cards in the same league. I am not sure I would want to get one issued by Barclay's. I prefer Citi President Card.
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it's funny that they list the $495 fee as one of the "exclusive privileges" "members enjoy". 

Krystofur 

Message 4 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being in the golf industry I have seen this card a few times. It is pretty cool because it is rather heavy. Big spender cards. I don't know if this is the card, but someone who had it says they can charge up to $100,000 on it for a given transaction.
Message 5 of 19
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Being in the golf industry I have seen this card a few times. It is pretty cool because it is rather heavy. Big spender cards. I don't know if this is the card, but someone who had it says they can charge up to $100,000 on it for a given transaction.
that does not sound like this black card issued by Barclays... do they even go up to 100k in credit lines.
the amex black card you could 

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that I think about it I believe it was the Amex black card.
Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who in they right mind would pay 400 for a AF yeah right this card an company can get a life lol.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-26-2009 08:19 AM
Message 8 of 19
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Amex Platinum is cheaper and comes and has more perks, IMO.
Here we go again...
Message 9 of 19
barbaralee
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Who in they right mind would pay 400 for a AF yeah right this card an company can get a life lol.
Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 02-26-2009 08:19 AM

People who are consumed with the idea of status. There is no reason to pay $400 for a credit card, imo. I'm waiting for the day when they will do away with annual fees all together... unfortunately the CCC take advantage of the people who are trying to repair/ start their credit, and then there are the ones who just want to flash something around that says they can afford an outrageous annual fee. 

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.