Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA BLACK PREAPPROVAL

tag
anderl
Frequent Contributor

VISA BLACK PREAPPROVAL

Just got a preapproval for the Visa Black CC.......anyone have a good experience with this cc?

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Re: VISA BLACK PREAPPROVAL

Norht worth it for the annual fee. Mostly negative reviews out there.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 2 of 12
CS800
Super Contributor

There is a reason why you wont see many threads on the VISA black = not worth it for the Fee. In my opinion, the AMEX Plat is a better choice for the perks.

Message 3 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Well looking at your Signature line of cards this would be pointless.  3 Reasons you would get the Black Card backed by Barclay:

1.  You are black-listed by American Express or you want to "Try" to look like you have the Visa version of the American Express Black Card in your wallet when a merchant doesn't accept Amex.

2.  Your credit is not very good but you want people to think you have money and good credit.

$495/AF for a simple 1 to 1 Cash Back

Credit Lines as low as $500.00

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Poor man's Centurion. Tacky IMO. You've got AMEX Plat, just stick with that.
Message 5 of 12
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

It does appear that they've changed the lounge access program for this card. It used to only give you four free visits, but not it appears to be unlimited.  It is a Priority Pass membership I believe.  Amex Plat generally has a better lounge program, but their Priority Pass Plus membership excludes entrance to any United lounges that allow PP members.  I suppose if you have a travel pattern that would be able to benefit from entry into such lounges, this card might be worthwhile.  But for the most part, I agree that this card isn't that great. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Walt_K wrote:

It does appear that they've changed the lounge access program for this card. It used to only give you four free visits, but not it appears to be unlimited.  It is a Priority Pass membership I believe.  Amex Plat generally has a better lounge program, but their Priority Pass Plus membership excludes entrance to any United lounges that allow PP members.  I suppose if you have a travel pattern that would be able to benefit from entry into such lounges, this card might be worthwhile.  But for the most part, I agree that this card isn't that great. 

+1

This card is for people who want to be able to tell other people "Yeah, I have a black card."

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

+1

This card is for people who want to be able to tell other people "Yeah, I have a black card."

"You have a black card? Oh since you have money can you buy my lunch?" Lol 

The visa is just a platinum 1% cash back earning card. Freedom and others have it beat with no AF.

Message 8 of 12
anderl
Frequent Contributor

For a quick moment, I thought of trading in my Chase PP MC for the Visa Black CC, but only if it has some GREAT perks. I'll stick to what I got.....for nowSmiley Surprised

Amex Platinum Charge(NPSL); Starwood Amex Preferred CC(20K CL); Diners Club ELITE MC(20K);Diners Club Premier MC(20K,could've sworn the rep said 25k, oh well lol);Delta Amex Reserve CC(21K CL); Amex PRG Charge(NPSL); United Presidential Plus Chase World Elite MC (15K CL); AARP Chase Visa Signature(35K CL); NFCU Visa Platinum(20K CL) NFCU LOC(15K); NFCU Go Rewards MC(17.5K); Disover IT 7.8K;
First Tech Federal Visa Platinum(15K CL); Simmons First Visa Platinum(9K CL); Wells Fargo Visa Platinum(7.5K CL); CitiBank Sears MC(6K CL); JCPenney Card(7.5K CL); Lowes(2.5K CL);Barclays Mile & More Lufthansa 12.5K.
Message 9 of 12
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Walt_K wrote:

+1

+2. This is the card for wannabes, try-hards and fakers. Definitely not worth the fee.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.