Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Barclays "Black Card"

tag
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

VISA Barclays "Black Card"

So I have a white card from barclays through the Apple Store promotions

I got an offer for their black card, the faux elite card with a $400+ annual fee

It would match nice with my white barclays in my wallet, and with my blue CSP, I like the reactions these cards garner from cashiers, but thats not enough reason to get the visa black card

I've seen comparisons of this card online with other offers, and I don't get its worth

any insight appreciated

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"

You may want to think twice about this card. I had gotten the flyer in the mail a few weeks ago and after reading several stories on this forum about this card I decided against it. One story that came to mind was a 510.00 credit limit that was issued  to someone before the 495.00 annual fee.Smiley Surprised

Message 2 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

You may want to think twice about this card. I had gotten the flyer in the mail a few weeks ago and after reading several stories on this forum about this card I decided against it. One story that came to mind was a 510.00 credit limit that was issued  to someone before the 495.00 annual fee.Smiley Surprised

+1 I read the same post! Tread carefully!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 23
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

Seriously????Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 23
alvon123
Super Contributor

@FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

Seriously????Smiley Surprised

take a look at  this thread posted by @enharu

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-Black-Metal-Card/td-p/2533865/highlight/true/pa...

look at pages 3 and 4 of that thread.

@espnjunkie

also some posts from @Creditaddict  and @espnjunkie

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/VISA-BLACK-PREAPPROVAL/m-p/1327863/highlight/true#M3692...

just search for Visa Black and you will see many more references to the low limits

Message 5 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@gen-specific wrote:

So I have a white card from barclays through the Apple Store promotions

I got an offer for their black card, the faux elite card with a $400+ annual fee

It would match nice with my white barclays in my wallet, and with my blue CSP, I like the reactions these cards garner from cashiers, but thats not enough reason to get the visa black card

I've seen comparisons of this card online with other offers, and I don't get its worth

any insight appreciated

Sounds like you would want it for "looks/status"... not sure that the AF is worth it?  Get a black sleeve for your Apple CC and switch it around when you want it in different colors.

The card has some interesting perks but it may only be a fit for some individuals.  There was a recent (reconsideration) approval post on this CC.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/Visa-Black-Card-Approval/td-p/2626209

Message 6 of 23
maceto
Contributor

We now know why their marketing say "a card for only 1% of the population" with a cc limit of 1%...
Message 7 of 23
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@maceto wrote:
We now know why their marketing say "a card for only 1% of the population" with a cc limit of 1%...

LOL...good one!  Robot LOL

Message 8 of 23
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@maceto wrote:

ROFLOL! Smiley LOL

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 23
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

This card is for s Uckers Don't do it!

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.