cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Barclays "Black Card"

Frequent Contributor

VISA Barclays "Black Card"

So I have a white card from barclays through the Apple Store promotions

 

I got an offer for their black card, the faux elite card with a $400+ annual fee

 

It would match nice with my white barclays in my wallet, and with my blue CSP, I like the reactions these cards garner from cashiers, but thats not enough reason to get the visa black card

 

I've seen comparisons of this card online with other offers, and I don't get its worth

 

 

any insight appreciated

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"

You may want to think twice about this card. I had gotten the flyer in the mail a few weeks ago and after reading several stories on this forum about this card I decided against it. One story that came to mind was a 510.00 credit limit that was issued  to someone before the 495.00 annual fee.Smiley Surprised


Message 2 of 23
Mega Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"


alvon123 wrote:

You may want to think twice about this card. I had gotten the flyer in the mail a few weeks ago and after reading several stories on this forum about this card I decided against it. One story that came to mind was a 510.00 credit limit that was issued  to someone before the 495.00 annual fee.Smiley Surprised


+1 I read the same post! Tread carefully!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $13.5k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $4.85k / Citi DC (WMC) $7.1k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 23
Senior Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"


alvon123 wrote:

You may want to think twice about this card. I had gotten the flyer in the mail a few weeks ago and after reading several stories on this forum about this card I decided against it. One story that came to mind was a 510.00 credit limit that was issued  to someone before the 495.00 annual fee.Smiley Surprised


Seriously????Smiley Surprised

Message 4 of 23
Senior Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"


FocusedAndDetermined wrote:

alvon123 wrote:

You may want to think twice about this card. I had gotten the flyer in the mail a few weeks ago and after reading several stories on this forum about this card I decided against it. One story that came to mind was a 510.00 credit limit that was issued  to someone before the 495.00 annual fee.Smiley Surprised


Seriously????Smiley Surprised


take a look at  this thread posted by enharu

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Barclay-Black-Metal-Card/td-p/2533865/highlight/true/pa...

look at pages 3 and 4 of that thread.

 

also some posts from Creditaddict  and espnjunkie

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/VISA-BLACK-PREAPPROVAL/m-p/1327863/highlight/true#M3692...

 

just search for Visa Black and you will see many more references to the low limits


Message 5 of 23
Senior Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"


gen-specific wrote:

So I have a white card from barclays through the Apple Store promotions

 

I got an offer for their black card, the faux elite card with a $400+ annual fee

 

It would match nice with my white barclays in my wallet, and with my blue CSP, I like the reactions these cards garner from cashiers, but thats not enough reason to get the visa black card

 

I've seen comparisons of this card online with other offers, and I don't get its worth

 

 

any insight appreciated


Sounds like you would want it for "looks/status"... not sure that the AF is worth it?  Get a black sleeve for your Apple CC and switch it around when you want it in different colors.

 

The card has some interesting perks but it may only be a fit for some individuals.  There was a recent (reconsideration) approval post on this CC.

 

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/Visa-Black-Card-Approval/td-p/2626209

 

Message 6 of 23
Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"

We now know why their marketing say "a card for only 1% of the population" with a cc limit of 1%...
Message 7 of 23
Senior Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"


maceto wrote:
We now know why their marketing say "a card for only 1% of the population" with a cc limit of 1%...

LOL...good one!  Robot LOL

Message 8 of 23
Mega Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"


maceto wrote:
We now know why their marketing say "a card for only 1% of the population" with a cc limit of 1%...

ROFLOL! Smiley LOL

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $13.5k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $6.1k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $4.85k / Citi DC (WMC) $7.1k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 23
Frequent Contributor

Re: VISA Barclays "Black Card"

This card is for s Uckers Don't do it!

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000



Message 10 of 23