Reply
Regular Contributor
Credit-Wise
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎08-08-2009
0

VISA Black any thoughts

DH got an invitation for VIsa Black today.  I am not sure he is interested in the hefty fee $450.00.  Kind of remind me of Amex Platinum - I did not upgrade because fo the $450.00 fee.  I am not sure what the high end gifts are about??? anyone have any Idea about this card.

Moderator Emeritus
MarineVietVet
Posts: 14,116
Registered: ‎07-14-2009
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts


Credit-Wise wrote:

DH got an invitation for VIsa Black today.  I am not sure he is interested in the hefty fee $450.00.  Kind of remind me of Amex Platinum - I did not upgrade because fo the $450.00 fee.  I am not sure what the high end gifts are about??? anyone have any Idea about this card.


Yes but this is a family friendly forum.

 

It's better to just remain silent. :smileywink:

Regular Contributor
Credit-Wise
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎08-08-2009
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts

  I think that is how DH feels :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
DickC
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎05-21-2009
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts

I am sure it is another of the "vanity" cards, marketed as "this card says something about YOU". PERSONALLY, I do think it says something about you but most people would not like my thoughts:smileyhappy:

 

This reminds me of the time our son came home and was beaming, as he was in his Junior year of college and had just received his AMEX Card. He was so proud and I asked him why he got the AMEX card (with a FEE) when he already had a Master Charge with no fee.(YES, they were called that back then ).

 

Anyway, the son proceded to tell me he had got the AMEX card for two reasons. 1 is it had no "CREDIT LIMIT" unlike his poor little $400 limit Master Charge.  I told him if he believed it had no limit, then go out and try to charge a $10,000 vacation on it and find out.

 

He also said, it was a Status card . Agian, I had to inform him how much status could it have if they gave a card to a person who had no income, very little credit, no job and deep in debt with student loans.

 

OK, maybe I was the "bad dad" but I wanted him to learn you can not be defined by a credit card, a car, a house, etc. I AM PROUD to say, he indeed learned that lesson .

 

 

Regular Contributor
idmd
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎09-18-2009
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts

My wife who hasn't had a source of income since 1999 and has maybe 5 items in her credit report just received a "pre-qualified" offer....hehe.

 

Doesn't seem that exclusive to me  :smileyvery-happy:

Super Contributor
DI
Posts: 5,767
Registered: ‎01-28-2008
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts


idmd wrote:

My wife who hasn't had a source of income since 1999 and has maybe 5 items in her credit report just received a "pre-qualified" offer....hehe.

 

Doesn't seem that exclusive to me  :smileyvery-happy:


Maybe they know she's married to a doctor.  hehe

New Contributor
LustForTheMoment
Posts: 65
Registered: ‎03-24-2007
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts

I spray paint all of my cards black and save the AF.......:smileyhappy:
-------------------------------------------------

EQ FICO...816
Senior Contributor
O6
Posts: 3,626
Registered: ‎10-13-2009
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts


Credit-Wise wrote:

DH got an invitation for VIsa Black today.  I am not sure he is interested in the hefty fee $450.00.  Kind of remind me of Amex Platinum - I did not upgrade because fo the $450.00 fee.  I am not sure what the high end gifts are about??? anyone have any Idea about this card.


 

I'd be interested in hearing about anybody who applied and got the card and what their CL was.

 

It would be funny as heck to see someone with a $450 AF card with a $300 CL.  :smileyhappy:

IAALBNYL
Regular Contributor
idmd
Posts: 194
Registered: ‎09-18-2009
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts

[ Edited ]

DI wrote:

idmd wrote:

My wife who hasn't had a source of income since 1999 and has maybe 5 items in her credit report just received a "pre-qualified" offer....hehe.

 

Doesn't seem that exclusive to me  :smileyvery-happy:


Maybe they know she's married to a doctor.  hehe


 They might know that but the funny thing is I didn't get one.....guess I'm not exclusive enough for them :smileysad:
  

 

Message Edited by idmd on 11-04-2009 10:06 PM
Super Contributor
marty56
Posts: 5,679
Registered: ‎10-06-2007
0

Re: VISA Black any thoughts


LustForTheMoment wrote:
I spray paint all of my cards black and save the AF.......:smileyhappy:

Send me $250 and your CC cards and I will paint them for you.

09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}