Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Signature/ World MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VISA Signature/ World MasterCard

@Anonymous wrote:

Citi gave me a world elite mastercard upgrade for my AAdvantage for no reason and it only has a $4000 credit line. And I've been with them for less than 6 months.

I think it might be that they are changing all Citi AAdvantage Select Platinum. I just got upgraded to a World Elite MC after only 30 days and I have a 3K CL.

Message 11 of 30
sultan33g
Contributor

I was just curious on the way to get these. As long as it doesn't cost more I see no reason not to want to get the card. But my life isn't over if I don't get it either.

Thanks for the info guys.
01/14/2015 Scores: EQ: 646 TU:667 EX: 663
03/23/15 Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 778 EX: 721

Goal Scores: 750

Message 12 of 30
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Like pretty much anything else in the credit world you qualify for them.  Creditor's don't just base qualification on time but on one's overall credit.  Qualification can be at initial application or down the road.  I've been upgraded to WMC's.  I've received Signatures on iniital approval.  Others have been upgraded to Signatures.  Unless the benefits (and they can vary by creditor and/or product) are specifically useful to you the tier isn't really meaningful.  One of my most useful cards with my highest limit is "just" a Platinum.

Message 13 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

There's nothing wrong with wanting the benefits and even if you just want a logo. To me its just not important. I was more just saying I dont get the fascination, as always. Anyway, I'm more saying like takeshi said. if the benefits aren't useful for you the tier is not very meaningful. 

Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

For 99% of CC users who wouldn't know Visa from MC, It really isn't fascinating. It is mostly an enthusiast fascination.
Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

Has nothing to do with a certain amount of time. Has little to do with credit score, other than you won't likely get approved for the limit required without a decent score.

Visa Sig is $5k, WMC I believe is $3k or $5k but I think they are a little looser about it.

Can I ask, OP, as to why you want this? I'm not knocking you, but just curious as to what benefits you plan to use? Many people obsess about this "upgrade" without really understanding that the actual benefits are pretty marginal. It is essentially a fancier logo on your card and that's about it. Nothing worth stressing over.

Visa Sig has roadside assistance which is one perk I would actually use and I would like to see my Quicksilver become a Visa Sig, but I'm not gonna stress about it if they tell me no.

Life is too short to worry about benefits that you are likely to never use, though. Apologies if you have a benefit you were eyeing with the WMC but it doesn't seem likely as the benefits with WMC are extremely basic and to actually use any of them would be a PITA (warranties and such).

What's wrong with just wanting that WORLD over your MC? For some people that provides validation and that is just as valid a benefit as any of the others.

I couldn't care less about having that world over Mastercard. But the Signature under Visa rocks the house!

Message 16 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I will agree, between the two, Visa Sig is a more appealing logo to me

Message 17 of 30
sultan33g
Contributor

Thanks everyone.
01/14/2015 Scores: EQ: 646 TU:667 EX: 663
03/23/15 Scores: EQ: 716 TU: 778 EX: 721

Goal Scores: 750

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I will agree, between the two, Visa Sig is a more appealing logo to me

Have you seen the new VS logo? Smiley Happy

I didn't care for it at first but it's grown on me. Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 30
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I haven't, I'll have to google it.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.