Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Signature

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

VISA Signature

I don't know if this is beating a dead horse and I apologize in advance if it is, sorry Smiley Happy What is special about Visa Signature cards if anything? Should I really be excited to have one or is the difference "the same"?
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: VISA Signature

It depends. If you travel a lot and eat at fancy restaurants a lot, it has some cool bennies similar to high end cards like the Amex Platinum. If not, it's no big deal.

Message 2 of 20
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

The fancy logo Smiley Tongue

On some cards the Visa Logo is silver like and says signature below it
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe their starting limits are $5k minimum. So there's that.

Message 4 of 20
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on lender, most lenders its 5k minimum, but Citi Bank i think just hands them out depending on the card. They are like Oprah, you get a Visa Signature, you get one, everyone gets one 

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Skye12329 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Depends on lender, most lenders its 5k minimum, but Citi Bank i think just hands them out depending on the card. They are like Oprah, you get a Visa Signature, you get one, everyone gets one 

I stand corrected. Now excuse me while I go check out this Oprah-like bank...

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some Visa Signature (but not all, same story with World MasterCard)  cards are also Flexible Spending Credit Cards which means the lender may allow you to charge above your credit line as long as you pay the over credit balance in full by the due date.

Message 7 of 20
onstar
Established Contributor

Here are many Visa Signature offers:

https://usa.visa.com/visasignature/

Plus with Fandango, you can get $25 in instant Fandango GC for $20, only for Visa Signature: 

https://tickets.fandango.com/visasignature/

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 8 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know if this is beating a dead horse and I apologize in advance if it is, sorry Smiley Happy What is special about Visa Signature cards if anything? Should I really be excited to have one or is the difference "the same"?

While some have listed some features, I think the answer for many is closer to "the same".   Outside of forums like this with a lot of rebuilders and those new to credit, Visa Sigs are VERY common, banks prefer to give them out.  And even here, they are pretty common.

So it's almost the default, which implies that there cannot be any wonderfully valuable features associated with them, as so many people have them.

That said, you may find a feature or two useful, but more valuable to concentrate on getting a card with the right features first, before worrying about sig/wmc/wemc

Message 9 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

In this always looking for an edge world, is there even a remote chance that on a Manual Review for new credit, that a Signature Card in your profile is distinguishable from the rest of Bankcards to a U/W?

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.