Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VISA Signature

tag
leoment
Frequent Contributor

Re: VISA Signature

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

In this always looking for an edge world, is there even a remote chance that on a Manual Review for new credit, that a Signature Card in your profile is distinguishable from the rest of Bankcards to a U/W?

It should.  I forget on which reports, but my Signatures (and my World Mastercard) show up as "Flexible Spending Accounts.  An underwriter that knows what they're doing upon review should definitely be able to tell its a VS.

800+ across all three (via FAKOs) has been achieved! Current goal - Get down to 6 cards in total - sitting with 8 currently.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@leoment wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

In this always looking for an edge world, is there even a remote chance that on a Manual Review for new credit, that a Signature Card in your profile is distinguishable from the rest of Bankcards to a U/W?

It should.  I forget on which reports, but my Signatures (and my World Mastercard) show up as "Flexible Spending Accounts.  An underwriter that knows what they're doing upon review should definitely be able to tell its a VS.

I'm pretty sure Chase likes to see this upon manual review for their high tier cards. I'm sure they are not alone in this thinking either.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

They can see you have a flexible spending card, but having Visa Signature isn't what they like to see, they like to see a card with a good limit and VS cards are almost always $5k+ and flexible spending. So really, I don't think they care what kind of card it is, just that it's an account with good history and limit.

Message 13 of 20
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know if this is beating a dead horse and I apologize in advance if it is, sorry Smiley Happy What is special about Visa Signature cards if anything? Should I really be excited to have one or is the difference "the same"?

The Concierge service on the visa signature card and world elite MasterCard card SUCK. 

Message 14 of 20
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@leoment wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I have two flexible spending cards, a Visa and MC, and one regular old Amex charge card. In my usage, I just don't trust the flex cards to actually allow me to significantly exceed the CL. OTOH, I know Amex will let me charge far more than those CLs so I don't use flexible spend and have always put less than the CL on the card. As a result my Amex spend exceeds by 3 fold my total spend on my other 4 cards combined and I treat flexible spend cards exactly like regular CCs and never go over my CL..

Part of the problem is that Amex lets you check an anticipated charge. The Flexible spend cards do not and I'm not about to go through a torturous phone call to CSRs. It isn't even clear to me they can find out whether a charge would be approved on a Flex card.

If the Visa Signature and Mastercard World folks want to go after Amex's high spend business they really need to get their act together and provide some clarity and easy to access services like Amex does.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@cashnocredit wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

I have two flexible spending cards, a Visa and MC, and one regular old Amex charge card. In my usage, I just don't trust the flex cards to actually allow me to significantly exceed the CL. OTOH, I know Amex will let me charge far more than those CLs so I don't use flexible spend and have always put less than the CL on the card. As a result my Amex spend exceeds by 3 fold my total spend on my other 4 cards combined and I treat flexible spend cards exactly like regular CCs and never go over my CL..

Part of the problem is that Amex lets you check an anticipated charge. The Flexible spend cards do not and I'm not about to go through a torturous phone call to CSRs. It isn't even clear to me they can find out whether a charge would be approved on a Flex card.

If the Visa Signature and Mastercard World folks want to go after Amex's high spend business they really need to get their act together and provide some clarity and easy to access services like Amex does.

Yeah you can even charge $36 million on a Centurion if you so desire Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I learn new things everyday on this forum. I just thought there were a few perks and that's that. Flexible spend is all new to me. Thanks guys. However, I'll be sticking to my AMEX charge for "flexible" spending.
Message 17 of 20
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Yeah you can even charge $36 million on a Centurion if you so desire Smiley Happy

Sure. I'd bet Warren Buffett could spend that on his Green Card too.

And,as an aside, the Centurion offers a pay over time feature as well. Guess what the CL is on that? 35k. Same as a green card with pay over time.

Seriously though, has anyone ever asked how much they could spend over their CL with a MC or Visa flex spend card? Amex revolvers are also flex spend cards that you can charge well over your CL so long as you pay the excess after the next bill. And Amex lets you check your spending ability beforehand just like on a charge card.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 18 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

@leoment wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Sure. I'd bet Warren Buffett could spend that on his Green Card too.

And,as an aside, the Centurion offers a pay over time feature as well. Guess what the CL is on that? 35k. Same as a green card with pay over time.

Seriously though, has anyone ever asked how much they could spend over their CL with a MC or Visa flex spend card? Amex revolvers are also flex spend cards that you can charge well over your CL so long as you pay the excess after the next bill. And Amex lets you check your spending ability beforehand just like on a charge card.

Isn't the Palladian a 3x card, where you can spend 3x your CL (and have to pay back the excess over the CL by the next statement)?

But in general I don't think it is much of a feature.  The issuer can decline any charge (including those over the CL) and can approve charges over the CL on non-flex cards.   Now they are far more likely to approve some amount over on a flexible card, true, but as cashnocredit suggests, it's not something you can plan on

Message 19 of 20
xautodetail
Regular Contributor

Not all BOA is star we $ 1000.00 for visa Sing

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.