Frequent Contributor
2011beginnings

VS Shopping Cart Trick

I did the trick but did not accept as I didn't want the card. A couple days later, I received a letter from VS telling me I was preapproved again.

Is this the norm for shopping cart tricks if you don't accept?
PenFed AMEX: $5500 | AMEX BCE: $8300 | AMEX E: $5000 | BofA BBR: $5000 | Discover It: $6500 | CSP: $11500 | CF: $5500 | Citi DIVIDEND: $5700 | CITI TYP: $4600 | BofA CR: $7500 | CAP ONE Q: $3000 |

TU: 722 / EX: 763 / EQ: 735
Valued Contributor
MsLadyRover

Re: VS Shopping Cart Trick

Yes, I believe so. A couple of years ago, I received the pre-approval for Express in the shopping cart but did not accept because I was in the process of buying my house at the time. A month later, I receieved a letter saying I was pre-approved and I could go in the store or online to accept it. I waited until a few months after I closed and went online and accepted it and received the card. They never did a HP.

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}