Hi all! I was approved last month via SCT for $500 VS card. I have a few questions for anyone that may be able to answer.
1. Does anyone know when VS starts reporting?
2. I am debating adding my spouse as an AU for both my VS card and my Cap1Plat card. Both are newer for me (oct and nov, repectively). Util is good, carrying 8% on Cap1 and $0 on VS. He was not pre-approved for Cap1 secured, so I'm hoping these will help his score enough to get to that point. I know AAoA will be something to consider. My question is, will it be a HP for him if I add him as an AU on these two cards?
3. We are both in rebuild, so is there something else I need to consider before adding him as an AU?
1. Varies for Comenity accounts. Some have reported as little as 2 weeks, others may take a couple of months before it shows up. Try to keep on eye on it and be more concerned if after the 2nd statement it doesn't show up.
2. There will be no HPs if you add your DH on your two new cards.
3. Curious as to why you DH was not approved for a Cap1 secured card of his own. Does he have negatives on his report that you two are working on?
1) I was approved for a VS card back in April and mine reported in a few weeks. Like you, I was rebuilding and VS was actually the 2nd card I got and used the SCT. I was so anxious to get another CC I immediately bought something and low and behold, it reported with the purchase on it LOL. Lesson learned. So if you got yours last month, I'd say it should be coming soon. Really almost all report within a month with the exception of AMEX for me. That took almost 2 months to finally report.
2) As far as AU goes, it's NOT a hard pull for VS. My girlfriend is an AU on my VS card and she wasn't hard pulled. The only concern Cap1 may have is if your spouse has ever done business with them and it ended badly. I don't believe Cap1 is a hard pull for AU either but I'll let someone else answer that better.
3) I'm assuming he was denied because his scores weren't high enough for a Cap1 secured. But again, if he was denied for another reason (i.e. previous bad history w/ them), it won't matter because they won't add him. But if it's just scores and it's something you are comfortable doing, it's really no harm adding him to both. His AAoA isn't likely the biggest thing stopping him from getting credit so even if it's affected, it's not a big deal. Establishing a better on-time history and utlization are greater factors in rebuilding credit. My guess he needs that more.
Good luck to ya!
Thanks for the reply! I have been and will continue to watch for it to pop up. Statement cuts on 12/13 from VS and new 3b report updates on 12/29.
DH does have a few negatives that are weighing down his score. We have been focusing on cleaning up my report for the last three months or so, and just getting started taking a crack at his. His negatives include medical collections (paid but didnt do PFD bc we didn't know to do that then) and a previous foreclosure, as well as $50k SL (no lates but contributing to his overall debt).
Also he has no CCs at all on his report