Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value City Credit Card - Does Anyone Have

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Value City Credit Card - Does Anyone Have

Hi all. Does anyone have or has anyone recently applied for a Value City credit card? Want to see what bureau they pull and score level when received. Any info would be great. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Value City Credit Card - Does Anyone Have

There is another thread around here from last year where a user reported that they pull EX.
Message 2 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My dad was approved with scores around 700 but VERY HIGH debt. Actually he was approved for 4 WFNB cards ranging from 1k-3k
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got me curious about Value City so I went to check out stuff on their website.  They have a link on their website to enter a contest to win a shopping spree, so I thought what the heck I'll enter.  When I entered my name and address information, the next screen stated that I was preapproved for their credit card with a $1k limit. I don't know if they did a soft or not, I've read here that they don't need your SSN to do that.  I didn't go through with the application because I don't need the card, but it might be something you want to investigate doing to see what your results might be. 

Here's the link Value City Sweepstakes

Message 4 of 12
WD
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

You got me curious about Value City so I went to check out stuff on their website.  They have a link on their website to enter a contest to win a shopping spree, so I thought what the heck I'll enter.  When I entered my name and address information, the next screen stated that I was preapproved for their credit card with a $1k limit. I don't know if they did a soft or not, I've read here that they don't need your SSN to do that.  I didn't go through with the application because I don't need the card, but it might be something you want to investigate doing to see what your results might be. 

Here's the link Value City Sweepstakes

Thanks for the info.

This might come in handy if I get a house soon.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was just approved for account starting CL was 1200 they pulled EX not sure what my scores where.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Value City is still around?  I used to like their clearance sales.    They were my Ross and Marshall's before I knew what Ross and Marshall's were.    I don't have one around here.  I don't like it enough for an Experian inquiry if I did. Smiley Sad   Do they still have good deals?

Message 7 of 12
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

They Pulled Experian on me. I am in Illinois.

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Value City is still around?  I used to like their clearance sales.    They were my Ross and Marshall's before I knew what Ross and Marshall's were.    I don't have one around here.  I don't like it enough for an Experian inquiry if I did. Smiley Sad   Do they still have good deals?

I don't think their clothing stores are around anymore, but the same company operates furniture stores. That's what everybody is talking about.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

VALUE CITY CREDIT CARD

I was already planning on going to Value City today to get a new bedroom set for my 6 year old and was looking up information on obtaining their credit card.  I just went to the truck load win a free shopping card and applied/entered.  I was approved for their credit card with a $1,000 limit.  I was given instantly provided a temporary card with my new account number and told the card would be in the mail in 10 days.

I just checked my credit watch (5 minutes after the account was approved) and so far there is nothing.  They only asked for the last 4 digits of my ssn, so apparently my name and address gave them the first 5.  Not sure when I get into the strore if they will pull a hard inquiry or not.  But nothing so far.  After I get home if I notice they did a hard pull I will update and let those of you who are interested in their score card know.

As of today:

Equifax 671

Experian 658

Transunion 721

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.