Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value City Credit Cards

tag
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Value City Credit Cards

Hi, 

My wife opened a value city card roughly 6 months ago.  Took the ding of the HP and the reduction in AAoA.  Today they closed the account because they are no longer going to offer the card.

Does anyone have a contact in Comenity that I can GW, or call to get them to delete the trendline?  I view it as unfair that her credit will suffer, and she will not be able to use the account due to their actions, and no fault of hers.

Thanks MyFico Community. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Re: Value City Credit Cards

I closed the account Friday before they did so it don't show in the credit report as closed by the lender.

There is not much you can do really

Just never shop at the value city again for this ugly thing they did resulting on us having a new account in the cr for nothing

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 2 of 6
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

We called them and they were not very helpful either. 

"it is illegal for us to delete a trendline"........ What should be illegal is to accept a new application, and issue a new trendline for only 6 months. 

We used the card to buy a new bedroom set.  Good thing we paid it off before they closed it.  I would have had a fit if they changed her UTL as well.

I will be calling daily till they remove the trendline.  I am there new best friend.

Anyone have an EO office number of EO email address?

Message 3 of 6
danielodonoll
New Contributor

I would dispute the account with credit bureau as illegal for the reasons I stated above

I can't imagine what would happen to some one that bought 1200$ out of 3k limit and now that the account reports on the credit bureau limit $ 0.00 and balance 1200$ 

Wow 1200$ over the limit and the fico score sinking like titanic

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 4 of 6
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

Yup,

We are in the middle of the mortgage process as well.  We paid off the card about a month ago.  Her score would have dropped below qualify if the balance reported 1200 with a 0 credit limit.

I would not be able to find the words to describe my anger if that had happened.  Would not have been good!

Message 5 of 6
danielodonoll
New Contributor

Pdog ur lucky and thank god it didnt hit on the time of the app

Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.