Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

tag
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

Brianjb, Im not aware of any limits with paypal in terms of VR and MP loads. However paypal isnt as convenient for making payments to credit cards.

What makes BB and other Reloadable master/visa accounts useful is thier ability to remit payments freely. Reload acct are useless if u cant remit.
Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 61 of 66
darkfrosty
Established Contributor

so what other ways are as easy as bb / vr

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 62 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@brianjb wrote:

So is it possible to have a Blue Bird account, an Amazon payments account and paypal as well?

What I'm thinking is if the Blue Bird limits me to $5K per month, maybe I can send some money through Amazon or paypal.

Since these are from different issuers, yes, no problem having those (and many other types of prepay).

Paypal has a reputation of shutting people down if a pattern of frequent loading and withdrawing to bank account is detected.

For Bluebird, it's $5K per bluebird, so it depends how many bluebirds you can have access to.

Message 63 of 66
kkapdolee
Frequent Contributor

I see a couple of mention of not exceeding spending that one's income level justifies.

A card company csr once told me that they do not store anyone's income information. That's why they need to ask you for your income everytime you ask for a CLI or recon even if you had just provided them with that information earlier on the same day over your online application.

Perhaps, it is illegal for ccc's store income info and they base their judgement on one's credit limit.

[10%+] Internet, Cable, Cell phone
[5%] Gas, Grocery, Amazon, Airline tickets, Drug Stores, Dept. Stores, Target, MyHabit
[3%] Restaurants
[2%] Everything Else
Message 64 of 66
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

Go to BlueBird.com and you will find a link from consumers report about all the places that provide debit card deposit accounts.  BB is just one of many places that accepts reloads.  The most important is finding a product that allows you to remit payments freely and conveniently.  That's up to you. 

For me, it does't make a whole lot of sense to be standing in line at Walmart or the POst Office to buy money orders when I have to spend 10-30 minutes.  This would not be a good time spend for me to unload cash from my deposit accounts. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 65 of 66
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Fico2Go wrote:

Go to BlueBird.com and you will find a link from consumers report about all the places that provide debit card deposit accounts.  BB is just one of many places that accepts reloads.  The most important is finding a product that allows you to remit payments freely and conveniently.  That's up to you. 

For me, it does't make a whole lot of sense to be standing in line at Walmart or the POst Office to buy money orders when I have to spend 10-30 minutes.  This would not be a good time spend for me to unload cash from my deposit accounts. 

Right, and I don't think anyway has been able to buy an MO with a standard gift card at USPS.  And now some walmarts are picky about using them to buy MO or reload BB.

Message 66 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.