cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

Established Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

I checked two CVS's by me and no VanillaReloads =(

 

Also I guess I would just use this for chase .. dont know if I would chance it on my amex plat

CSR | Ink Business Preferred | Amex Platinum | NFCU Cash Rewards
Message 51 of 66
Established Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

Amex has SPed me several times since acct opening this month. I am not going to chance it with them yet.

I would imagine the same precaution applies to all new accounts since they are being closely monitored.

For me this month Ive already maxed out and pif a couple cards with real spending. So I might try.MS in a few weeks.
Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 52 of 66
Super Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?


darkfrosty wrote:

I checked two CVS's by me and no VanillaReloads =(

 

Also I guess I would just use this for chase .. dont know if I would chance it on my amex plat


Right, the trick is to find a place that actually has VR, and then allows you to pay with credit card.     It's worth sometimes asking at the front.  In some stores, they keep them there because of past issues.    And, when desperate, you can also look at the other cards on the rack.  Some people hide VR behind other cards, so that they can purchase them later.

Message 53 of 66
Super Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?


Fico2Go wrote:
Amex has SPed me several times since acct opening this month. I am not going to chance it with them yet.

I would imagine the same precaution applies to all new accounts since they are being closely monitored.

For me this month Ive already maxed out and pif a couple cards with real spending. So I might try.MS in a few weeks.

Not sure what this means. SP is for your credit record and not any purchase pattern.

Message 54 of 66
Established Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

Thats right. There are many types and brands of reloads at cvs. I saw one yesterday for Mastercard giftcard. Problem with GC is you need to unload by buying MOs and deposit in your account.

Alternative to the MO headache and asides from BB there are many other kinds of deposit accounts that take VR, moneypak, and other reload products.

BB is powered by Amex. Most other Reload accounts are master/visa.
Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 55 of 66
Established Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

LTlurker, u dont think its possible amex can SP credit files to see spending patterns with other accounts?
Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 56 of 66
Super Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

They can see balances, maybe high balances and payments, but nothing about where purchases were made (on other issuer's cards)

Message 57 of 66
Super Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?


Fico2Go wrote:
Thats right. There are many types and brands of reloads at cvs. I saw one yesterday for Mastercard giftcard. Problem with GC is you need to unload by buying MOs and deposit in your account.


Gift cards can also be used on Amazon Payment, but that is limited in the amount you can do

Message 58 of 66
Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?


longtimelurker wrote:

Fico2Go wrote:
Thats right. There are many types and brands of reloads at cvs. I saw one yesterday for Mastercard giftcard. Problem with GC is you need to unload by buying MOs and deposit in your account.


Gift cards can also be used on Amazon Payment, but that is limited in the amount you can do


 

 

So is it possible to have a Blue Bird account, an Amazon payments account and paypal as well?

 

What I'm thinking is if the Blue Bird limits me to $5K per month, maybe I can send some money through Amazon or paypal.

 

 

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 59 of 66
Established Contributor

Re: Vanilla Reload Vs. MoneyPak?

correct thats why I dont want to buy GCs. Unloading has limitations.

On SPing my point is new accounts are being monitored closely and we know this to be true by the # of SPs done in the first month or two. DURING THIS PHASE WOULD NOT BE GREAT FOR MSing since who knows what else is being manually reviewed.

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 60 of 66