Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture 40K in 3 months Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture 40K in 3 months Question

Just approved for the Venture and have a quick question.

When does the 3 month time period begin? Does it start from the date of approval or the date of activation?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture 40K in 3 months Question

I believe it is date of approval.

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most cards in general it's from the date of approval, but card companies usually get your card to you pretty quick.

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Vegas and Joshuatree. Your responses mirror my beliefs.

While waiting for responses on the forum, I decided to chatted with CSR at Cap 1. The CSR said it was from date of enrollment. I asked what is date of enrollment, and they said date of activation of the card once I get it. Of course, I was surprised by this because I thought I'd read differently here before.

Now that I have your responses, I think I am going to have to ask a different CSR to double check the information given by the previous CSR. 

Thanks again for your help! I will report back my findings. 

Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

As promised, I contacted Cap 1 about this issue again. The CSR stated that the 3-month bonus spend period begins on the date of activiation of the card, not the date of approval. 

I am surprised by the information, but happy nonetheless! At least, I have the full 90 days to meet the minimum bonus spend requirements. 

Edited to Add: Seems the first two CSRs are incorrect based on subsequent 2 CSRs contacted.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's pretty generous of them providing they're correct.
Message 6 of 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

As promised, I contacted Cap 1 about this issue ago. The CSR stated that the 3-month bonus spend period beings on the date of activiation of the card, not the date of approval. 

I am surprised by the information, but nonetheless! At least, I have the full 90 days to meet the minimum bonus spend requirements. 

If you were in a secure chat with the CSR I highly suggest keeping a copy of the conversation if you think you'll be running close to the deadline. 

Although I sincerely hope you were given good info, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.  Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed. I look at those reps similarly to amex reps: take what they say with a grain of salt..
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Everyone. I chatted with 2 more representatives (after reading all of your posts), and they state the bonus spending time period starts from the date of approval, not the date of activation. They apologized for the missed information! And there you have it. Never take (even two reps) at their word. Keep checking back to get right the answer.

Message 9 of 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Everyone. I chatted with 2 more representatives (after reading all of your posts), and they state the bonus spending time period starts from the date of approval, not the date of activation. They apologized for the missed information! And there you have it. Never take (even two reps) at their word. Keep checking back to get right the answer.

But also, if possible, make sure that the distinction doesn't matter.   You then have to worry about posting date vs date of transaction, so try to meet it with say 70 days to be safe,   I know it's not always possible

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.