Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Card Questions:

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Venture Card Questions:

I've had my 2 CO Venture cards for 2 years on one and couple mos. longer on the other and both are the plastic versions. Are the newer ones being issued now metal based? And are they back to Visa Signatures? Because for a while they were being issued as Mastercard.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture Card Questions:

My recent Venture is a metal, Visa Signature card. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got approved for mine on 6/29. It is metal, and they are all Visa Sig now. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ive had my Venture Visa Siggy for over 2 1/2 yrs now , and its plastic. Ive called several times into CS asking for the metal card, and was told each time its only for new applicants.

Im scared to "lose" my card, and get another for they might just re-send another plastic one, and then Id be really mad, LOL..Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

Ive had my Venture Visa Siggy for over 2 1/2 yrs now , and its plastic. Ive called several times into CS asking for the metal card, and was told each time its only for new applicants.

Im scared to "lose" my card, and get another for they might just re-send another plastic one, and then Id be really mad, LOL..Smiley Wink

Lose it or break the chip and see what they send you. You have nothing to lose. Either you end up happy with a metal card (what I think will happen) or you'll be in the same situation you are in now (what I don't think will happen). 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

I'm not saying this to discourage your desire for a metal venture, but I would just keep walking whatever credit path you're walking and pick up a different metal card! I'm personally no fan of the look and feel of the current metal Venture. IMO, this design is better suited to a plastic card. The light weight, mixed font faces, and even color make it feel like a plastic card with just a tiny bit of added weight. It looks and feels a little cheap compared to anything else with a metal core. Couple this with the difficulty of reading the card information with the very thin laser etching and you have a card that doesn't come out of the house very often.

I'd trade mine for a light, plastic card. If they could figure out how to keep the raised texture on the front of the card and print info on the back (like Citi) I'd find the design pretty compelling. An embossed card wouldn't get kicked out of my wallet either; I needed one in Australia this year to get into a park with their cell service knocked out. I keep a no FTF embossed card around when I'm out of the country now. At the moment, this is likely to be the Barclay Arrival+, but a plastic embossed Venture with PIN enabled would push that out due to the lower annual fee.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the discussion is centered around whether the card is a Visa Signature or not, this thread can stay here.  If it turns out (more so than it already is) a thread about whether it or any other card is metal, the thread will be moved to Smorgasbord.   The question about whether it will be a Signature card has been answered so pretty much time to move on.

Message 7 of 10
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

I am not sure, if you request a new card as a current member, that it will be metal. Also, per the website, the metal card is for a limited time only for new applicants. I am not sure when they will stop issuing them in metal.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 8 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@jawbrkr wrote:

I am not sure, if you request a new card as a current member, that it will be metal. Also, per the website, the metal card is for a limited time only for new applicants. I am not sure when they will stop issuing them in metal.

I'd be more than willing to bet if you're already a cardholder and you need a new one re-issued you'll get another plastic one. Where did you see the part about it being limited time only?

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 9 of 10
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

@jawbrkr wrote:

I'd be more than willing to bet if you're already a cardholder and you need a new one re-issued you'll get another plastic one. Where did you see the part about it being limited time only?

It states it on their website. Scroll down a bit till you see the postcard looking pics. Right to the left of it.

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/venture/

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.