Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Card

tag
Hex
Valued Contributor

Venture Card

I just noticed that the Cap1 Venture Card offered on the capital one site offers 50,000 bonus miles for $3K spend in the first 90 days with AF of $95. I was just pre-qualified and approved for 40,000 bonus miles with the same spending requirement and AF of $59. I didn't realized that there is more than one offer out there and wanted to share the info with everyone.

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture Card

@Hex wrote:

I just noticed that the Cap1 Venture Card offered on the capital one site offers 50,000 bonus miles for $3K spend in the first 90 days with AF of $95. I was just pre-qualified and approved for 40,000 bonus miles with the same spending requirement and AF of $59. I didn't realized that there is more than one offer out there and wanted to share the info with everyone.

Oh my! This must be new. I just checked the Cap 1 site after reading your post and it stated 40,000 miles for $3K spend in 90 days with $95 annual fee after first year.  When I was approved earlier this year, it was 40,000 miles for $3k in the first 90 days with $59 annual fee after the first year---same as your offer.  Wonder how many offers are floating around. Things that make you go "hmmm".

That is a pretty steep jump in annual fee. Wonder if the annual fee will be increased for current card holders after their first year? Can Cap 1 do that?

Message 2 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the math breakdown on this?

$500 for $95 versus $400 for $59.

So year one is $64 bonus on the bigger offer, but year two it's only a $28 bonus and year three you're underwater?

Means close that card at 364 days or recon a decrease in AF?

Message 3 of 71
Hex
Valued Contributor

I think AF is waived for the first year on all offers.
Message 4 of 71
Hex
Valued Contributor

I was approved for 40,000 miles $59 AF with a pre-qualify this morning. The other offer on the website is showing this morning as well.
Message 5 of 71
Hex
Valued Contributor

ABCD,
I'm guessing as far as the fee goes they can do whatever they want. I honestly do think they will raise the fee on preexisting accounts and annoy their customers.
Message 6 of 71
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

That's interesting because I just app'd for the Venture yesterday and I never even bothered to check what exactly the terms where since I figured they never changed bonus/AF wise.

Message 7 of 71
Hex
Valued Contributor

How'd I get demoted to a new contributor.?
Message 8 of 71
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Will you be calling and see if they can change it?

Message 9 of 71
Hex
Valued Contributor

I'd rather get the smaller bonus with the smaller fee. $95 might make me want to PC right before the fee hits next year. I like the card and I am willing to let cap2 make $59 a year form me. I'll get it all back with bonuses anyway. Plus I love Cap one and I'd be fine paying them $59 a year. I want them to think it's worth having me as a customer.
Message 10 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.