Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Miles Issue?

tag
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Venture Miles Issue?

Does anyone know a number to speak to a manager that can fix a Venture miles error immediately?

Over a week ago, I attempted to redeem some of my 50,000 miles - for travel purchases - and their system instead produced an error message... but still managed to deduct the miles, each time I tried to redeem them. Now, most of my miles are tied up... and I still don't have the redemption - which is only supposed to take, "2 to 3 business days," according to their site verbiage.

I called customer service last Wednesday; and it seemed like the rep was just taking notes to forward the issue to someone else, because he said it could take another 5 days to fix. This is an unacceptable time frame - to have 50,000 rewards miles, tied up for 5 days, particularly on a premium product. I mean, heck... I could otherwise be using these miles for something else. 

As an aside, I'm surprised there is no chat function on their website, or even a place to send a message to customer service or anything... as far as I can tell. Correct me if anyone else has found such a link.

Needless to say... really disappointed with the Rewards customer service, or lack thereof... as it seems to be non-existant. But, what was I supposed to expect, from a subprime lender - in sheep's clothing?

This is why people put up with American Express. It's not about the card products, per se... it's all about the service.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Venture Miles Issue?

Sorry for your troubles, thats really discouraging and annoying. Ive enclosed the BD# thread, so scroll to Cap1 and see if anything pops out at you. Any number that you do call though, escalate it to a supervisor right off the bat. Hope it gets worked out soon!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Needless to say... really disappointed with the Rewards customer service, or lack thereof... as it seems to be non-existant. But, what was I supposed to expect, from a subprime lender - in sheep's clothing?

The fact that they copied Credit One's logo was a dead giveaway.

Message 3 of 14
trusty
Frequent Contributor

wrote:
Sorry for your troubles, thats really discouraging and annoying. Ive enclosed the BD# thread, so scroll to Cap1 and see if anything pops out at you. Any number that you do call though, escalate it to a supervisor right off the bat. Hope it gets worked out soon!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/m-p/408066

Thanks for the link. I was trying to just wait patiently. Needless to say, after a week of waiting, it's getting pretty annoying. It's really ridiculous that rewards miles would be tied up for over a week, on their flagship product, while a call to customer service only yields someone forwarding an internal memo to someone else - that they could have just setup an online messaging system for, in the first place. It's not like they were a foreign call center or anything. I mean, this guy answered the phone and during his greeting made a point to state that he was taking the call from some such city and state - of which I don't recall. But, judging by his level of responsibility, his job is on the next quarterly earnings chopping block.

I call customer service at banks to have credits applied, not talk to pointless peons that will just send an internal email to someone else to put it at the bottom of a stack somewhere on their desk. That's totally pointless and ineffective, "customer service." There should be a dedicated Rewards team, that doesn't need to send an email to the IT department to issue credits based on website issues, to simply apply credits from rewards earnings. We all know how motivated and time sensitive the IT department is... when fixing anything.

Message 4 of 14
NRB525
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear about the issues.
What sort of redemption were you trying to process? Cash back, or using miles to pay for charges on your statement, the purchase eraser?
High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 14
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Funnily enough, I just got a Capital One email survey about the call on the 24th. lol

I don't know... I'm too paranoid to fill it out honestly. I'm not sure if it would help or hurt, in the long run.

I don't normally do email surveys, because they are akin to spam, in my book. Also, you may end up with some kind of pervasive retaliation; or you may ultimately come across an agent that thinks you're a Prima donna for complaining.

I only do surveys proactively, or when I'm trying to help out the agent directly... AND because I have received excellent service on many occasions with them. I don't like to complain, in the main. For example, just went to a fast food restaurant for dine in... and encountered my ultimate pet peeve; not busy, and yet, zero clean tables. I mean, I walked the entire establishment and couldn't find nary a place to sit down. On top of that, the person that eventually "wiped" the table off didn't even make sure the fingerprints weren't still on it afterwards. That's so nasty. Although, since I didn't go in expecting a 5 star establishment, I wasn't planning on sending in a complaint. Interestingly, the manager ended up giving us something extra at the end, without even asking.  

But, I don't want to get that rep... as that guy. Not unless I have to. When it comes to cards with large limits, it's a little bit of give and take... at least until I build up enough of a financial profile that closing any one high limit card won't effect me.

At the same time, I mean c'mon... they are literally derelict of duty in their rewards department. It really puts a damper on the foreseeable use of their rewards program. 

So, it's kind of a dilemma, because I just got their flagship card a few months ago; and yet, I don't want end up on the proverbial list... for giving them grief, for their lack of timely Rewards customer service.

But, at the same time... how are they going to ever know their Rewards customer service is wholly inadequate, since I'm still waiting to get something - otherwise trivial to someone with their finger on the pulse - resolved from a call placed over a week ago?

Message 6 of 14
trusty
Frequent Contributor

wrote:
Sorry to hear about the issues.
What sort of redemption were you trying to process? Cash back, or using miles to pay for charges on your statement, the purchase eraser?

Travel Purchase Eraser fail. Got a system error repeatedly, and the points still got deducted. One of the charges even got deducted from the rewards points, twice. I just figured that it would take the 2 to 3 days, because the transactions ended up posting under redemptions.

Naturally, I was on the lookout for further glitches, since their system originally produced the error message. Sure enough, no dice after 3 days. So I called customer service, and it literally seemed like they have no rewards customer service. Just some internal messaging system to whomever it is (in some back office) that eventually addresses rewards issues... but, who knows who, or when?

The utter lack of rewards agents - that can issue credits to resolve system errors, tying up rewards miles - seems like it's a worse issue than the fact that their rewards system has errors, in the first place.

Message 7 of 14
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Sounds like the best avenue at this point would be to contact the EO - they are pretty good and they do have a clue. Dealing with frontline CSR at CapOne leaves a little to be desired, to say the least, as they seem to be clueless, at best, on a good day

To contact them, just google “capital one CEO email”. Make sure you include a contact #, as they will call you within a few days
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 8 of 14
delaney1
Established Contributor

I don't think you can chat on a mobile advice, but chat is available from your desktop.

Message 9 of 14
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

wrote:
Sounds like the best avenue at this point would be to contact the EO - they are pretty good and they do have a clue. Dealing with frontline CSR at CapOne leaves a little to be desired, to say the least, as they seem to be clueless, at best, on a good day

To contact them, just google “capital one CEO email”. Make sure you include a contact #, as they will call you within a few days

I thought they disabled the email link to the EO because too many people were abusing it and using it to try to get CLIs rather than legit problems.

As for online chat, they DO have a chat function.  When you log in, select  your card, then on the bottom left of your screen you should see a chat bubble icon.

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.