Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture One Annual Fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture One Annual Fee

I chatted online with capital one today. Asked if anything good be done about the annual fee. The only option they gave me was to downgrade to Venture one.  I told them I would just pay my balance and close. Still would not remove. Has anyone had any luck getting the fee removed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Credit_hawk
Established Contributor

Re: Venture One Annual Fee

While I've not tried myself I know they have and do waive it.

@Anonymous wrote:

I chatted online with capital one today. Asked if anything good be done about the annual fee. The only option they gave me was to downgrade to Venture one.  I told them I would just pay my balance and close. Still would not remove. Has anyone had any luck getting the fee removed?

FICO- Experian: 797, TransUnion: 781, Equifax: 804 (Updated Monthly)
Message 2 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm a bit confused by the title of your thread... since the Venture One doesn't have an AF I'm assuming you're talking about the Venture AF?

If this is correct, then I can share that not too many people have been able to get a fee waiver for Venture (although there are occasional exceptions). 

That being said, it's usually trivial to get a Venture changed over to a Quicksilver, which is preferable to many anyway.  If this is something you're interested in you might consider calling them back (or chatting again) to see if this is an option for you.  (Note that it seems to be common for the CSR to first suggest a change to a Venture One... sometimes you have to specifically ask about a change to Quicksilver.)

Message 3 of 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

^^^. This.  I did just that.  I had a Venture...asked for the fee to be waived, they said nope.  I asked for PC to QuickSilver which they did without issue.  Had my new cards in about a week and a half later.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.