cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture One Mastercard

tag
micherson74

Venture One Mastercard

So, a couple of weeks ago, I clicked on "modify features" while logged into Capital One.  I have done this many times in the past, and never been approved for any upgrades, but I guess luck was on my side this day, because as soon as I clicked the tab I got a message saying congratulations, you are eligible to upgrade to the Venture One card with no annual fee and 1.25 miles per dollar spent.  I was excited to see this, and happily accepted the offer.  Up until that point I had had the Platinum Mastercard No Hassels cash rewards card, since 2008.  Anyways, long story short, I just got my new card in the mail yesterday, and it doesn't seem like anything has changed really.  The card  still has the same credit limit ($4750), my online account still says Platimum Mastercard ( I thought all Venture cards were either Signature/World cards with cl's of $5000 or over), and the phone number on the back of the new shiny gold card is still the phone number to the general line at Capital One that my Platinum card had on it, and from what I have read from online reviews is that the Venture card is supposed to have a dedicated number with exceptional customer service.  Guess I was excited for nothingSmiley Sad

Equifax 702
Transunion 709
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ficofox
Regular Contributor

Re: Venture One Mastercard

I've also been checking my 'modify your features' option and nothing ever pops up. Glad to learn that the button isn't some sort of sadistic psychology experiment (how many times will the rat press the button...).

I have heard that the Venture product may be a step up from the other products due to potentially higher credit line ceilings. Not sure if that is true, but if it is, then product changing probably wasn't in vain.

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 7
micherson74

I am happy that I got the upgrade, I was just in high hopes that this would be my first cc with a cl of $5000 or more.  I will just keep waiting patiently, and you are right, this card should have a higher cl ceiling so I will see what happens.  So hard to be patient, lol.

Equifax 702
Transunion 709
Message 3 of 7
ficofox
Regular Contributor

@micherson74 wrote:

I am happy that I got the upgrade, I was just in high hopes that this would be my first cc with a cl of $5000 or more.  I will just keep waiting patiently, and you are right, this card should have a higher cl ceiling so I will see what happens.  So hard to be patient, lol.

I know, right? It's sorta like being told you're being promoted, but there will be no pay increase.. for now.

I agree....patience is almost impossible....

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
micherson74

LOL, exactly!

Equifax 702
Transunion 709
Message 5 of 7
minimock
Frequent Contributor

In my best Curly (Three Stooges) Voice. "I keep pushing it, but nuttin happens" LOL
Message 6 of 7
Smarter
Regular Contributor

Both my husband and I got upgraded by "modify your features" a couple of weeks ago.  We both had Platinim Mastercards--his with a 6000 limit and mine  with 3500.  His had no rewards, mine was a no hassel cash reward card.  He got the regular Venture, which is a World Mastercard. I got the same as you--platinum Venture One card.  Our limits stayed the same also.  I guess I am still ahead of the game since this card has better rewards and no annual fee.  From the research that I have done, I don't think they offer you the regular Venture World Mastercard unless you already have a limit of at least 5000.  My husband asked if the card could be converted to a Visa signature because he liked those benefits better than the World Mastercard, but was told that they would not do that because it would be a new account.

In case anyone wonders about reporting, the card changed to flexible spending account on Eq and EX, but the limit and balance still report the same way and figure into utilization the same.  I have not checked TU.  My husband added me as an AU to his card so we can try and get as many miles as possible and it reports the same on my report, so that was good!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.