cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture One and Venture First Statement Question.

tag
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

Venture One and Venture First Statement Question.

Hi Everyone-

I received both my Venture One and Venture card at the beginning of the month and my first statement will cut on Feb 15.  I was informed that Capital Once will not report to the credit agencies until after March 18th (the day that my first billing cycle closes for both cards).   When would you PIF on these cards?  Before or after Feb 15?   Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Venture One and Venture First Statement Question.

If your first statement will cut on 2/15 then CapOne may report soon after. My balances usually report within a couple of days of statement cycle.  Now, there has been some folks who CapOne doesn't report on until after the second statement...but as far as I know there is no real way of knowing if they will or won't.  But if you're looking to report zero balance, then you'll want to make payment prior to your cycle date.  

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is not the date that they report it that matters, it is the date the statement closes. If the statement date is x then make the payment before x for best results.

Message 3 of 5
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Loquat wrote:

If your first statement will cut on 2/15 then CapOne may report soon after. My balances usually report within a couple of days of statement cycle.  Now, there has been some folks who CapOne doesn't report on until after the second statement...but as far as I know there is no real way of knowing if they will or won't.  But if you're looking to report zero balance, then you'll want to make payment prior to your cycle date.  

Thanks Loquat-  I couln't remember how my QS and QS1 reported but when I asked the Capital Once rep, he went to his manager and came back and said after March 18th it will be my first report date.    I didn't want to leave a balance if it would report sooner. 

Message 4 of 5
Derrick1977
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is not the date that they report it that matters, it is the date the statement closes. If the statement date is x then make the payment before x for best results.

Yea, thats what I was thinking as well.   I was actually going to leave a small balance on both cards to see what it does to my credit score but I will just continue doing like I've done in the past and pay this before the first cut date of Feb. 15.    That way if it reports before he says its going to, it will be at zero. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.