Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture One randomly converted to Quicksilver

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Venture One randomly converted to Quicksilver

I just logged into my Capital One and noticed that my custom image card on my Venture One account had changed into a Quicksilver logo. I'd asked about doing this a couple of times, the most recent being a month ago and was told there were no upgrades available on that account. I did hit the luv button on it yesterday, with no luck, but other than that it appears to have been upgraded randomly. I'm not complaining - it's what I wanted - but seems very strange. Weird things going on with my credit today!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture One randomly converted to Quicksilver

There might be a glitch with the system because a little while ago I logged in and also have a Quicksilver image where my secured Platinum used to be. 

Message 2 of 7
CreditJim
Established Contributor

I did wonder - however my miles are also gone and it's changed to cashback $0.00

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditJim wrote:

I did wonder - however my miles are also gone and it's changed to cashback $0.00

I wasn't so lucky (rewards). LOL  

Message 4 of 7
CreditJim
Established Contributor

This is my oldest card, started out as a $300 secured I think, it hasn't seen a lot of love, especially after I converted it to a Venture One about 8 months ago, purely to get the upgrade to a World MC, just out of boredom one night really. But now it's a Quicksilver I think I'll switch my Uber spend to it from my other Quicksilver and absolutely hammer this card for a few months, PIF, to try to get a good CLI on it. With a big CL and good rewards along with being my longest tradeline it'll be a great account as it has a 5.9% APR too.

Message 5 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@CreditJim wrote:

This is my oldest card, started out as a $300 secured I think, it hasn't seen a lot of love, especially after I converted it to a Venture One about 8 months ago, purely to get the upgrade to a World MC, just out of boredom one night really. But now it's a Quicksilver I think I'll switch my Uber spend to it from my other Quicksilver and absolutely hammer this card for a few months, PIF, to try to get a good CLI on it. With a big CL and good rewards along with being my longest tradeline it'll be a great account as it has a 5.9% APR too.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

sounds like its too coincidental to me to happen right after they temp disable rewards transfers...they are doing something thats for sure!

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.