Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Pre-approval 7-10 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture Pre-approval 7-10 days

So I have 2 Venture Cards and we are about to meet the spend limit on the 2nd Venture Card. My wife ended up being pre-approved for a Venture, VentureOne and Quicksilver card so I applied for the Venture since I wouldn't mind another 40k points. She ended up getting the 7-10 days. Think that is a denial? I ended up putting that she was a student that made 70k+/ year. Maybe that was the issue?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

Re: Venture Pre-approval 7-10 days

I would call and see what they say. 

Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 2 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

"X days" just means that manual intervention (review, verification, etc) is required.  It does not indicate anything about the outcome.  If they were just wanting to outright deny you then you would already have the denial.  You can either wait it out or call in to see what's going on.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted this in aother thread:

I also have 2 Ventures and met my spending on one of them, got my points and used them to erase a travel purchase.  I still have a $463 balance on my first venture.

Im working on my second venture and will transfer my points to my first venture to erase that charge.

Per capital one, the last day you will be able to trasnfer points from venture to venture is september 15th.  CSR said begining that date, the system wont allow it and she wasnt able to tell me if it was going to be temporary or permament...just an FYI

Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rockbttm442 wrote:

Can I call on my wife's behalf? Or do I need to have her call? I'm not sure how strict they are since I always am the one calling for my cards. She is an authorized user on all of my cards.

Message 5 of 14
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

If it's her card its best that she call. 

Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I also have 2 Ventures and met my spending on one of them, got my points and used them to erase a travel purchase.  I still have a $463 balance on my first venture.

Im working on my second venture and will transfer my points to my first venture to erase that charge.

Per capital one, the last day you will be able to trasnfer points from venture to venture is september 15th.  CSR said begining that date, the system wont allow it and she wasnt able to tell me if it was going to be temporary or permament...just an FYI

Smiley Happy

Thanks. I was going to take the 100k in points from my 1st 2 Ventures and transfer it to her Venture.....assuming she gets approved. Then when she makes her spend we would have 140k. I have just never gotten the 7-10 days message and I have 5 cards with Captial One.

Message 7 of 14
go_FICO_self
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@rockbttm442 wrote:

Can I call on my wife's behalf? Or do I need to have her call? I'm not sure how strict they are since I always am the one calling for my cards. She is an authorized user on all of my cards.

what do you think?? "Hi, I've apped for another person, and now calling on her behalf so I can get the card fast to use it. No, this doesn't sound weird at all!"

Message 8 of 14
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Smiley Happy

Thanks. I was going to take the 100k in points from my 1st 2 Ventures and transfer it to her Venture.....assuming she gets approved. Then when she makes her spend we would have 140k. I have just never gotten the 7-10 days message and I have 5 cards with Captial One.

Well, with 5 cards I believe you are at your limit with them but she obviously wouldn't be. That said, you already have 2 Ventures and now trying for a third? That's 9 HPs altogether which is a pretty large opportunity cost for 140k points.

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

If im not mistaken, i think ive seen someone here with 6 capital one cards. Was probably a business card and 5 non-business cards.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.