Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Purchase Eraser

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Venture Purchase Eraser

These travel gift cards. Question ? Must I purchase online? Or can I go anywhere ?
Message 21 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@icyhot Thanks for the info. So we'll make fair uss of this "feature" until it's "nerfed".
Message 22 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@taxi I believe that those cards are available on Cap One site only. And they are from different categories including travel.
Message 23 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@kdm well some of us got the card for the bonus and not for an ongoing 2% unrestricted. I'd have SD-ed the card after meeting and redeeming the bonus.

But now I've come across this fine opportunity to make a better deal with those points. So why not use it?
Message 24 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:
@taxi I believe that those cards are available on Cap One site only. And they are from different categories including travel.

Really? are you saying cap one has some kind of shopping portal as ive never seen anyplace where i can buy gift cards directly from cap one. Can anyone direct me to the magic place? i have 2 more Days to make my 90 Day spend of 3k and im about $650 away. some Gift cards would be nice to bring it down and if im desperate tomorrow, I will just pay a couple bills a month in Advance just to make the spend. Got to have it.

Ok. After searching i see, The gift cards mentioned are for redemption purposes. They will not help me with my spend. Those are specific cards after i have earned my bonus and the full amount of the bonus applies as opposed to  half price cash redemption. So now i understand,Thanks all. looks like i will be going to Cvs and buying a $200 cash Gift card to make the spend.

Message 25 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Buy from Safeway / Randalls 😃
Message 26 of 28
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Really? are you saying cap one has some kind of shopping portal as ive never seen anyplace where i can buy gift cards directly from cap one. Can anyone direct me to the magic place? i have 2 more Days to make my 90 Day spend of 3k and im about $650 away. some Gift cards would be nice to bring it down and if im desperate tomorrow, I will just pay a couple bills a month in Advance just to make the spend. Got to have it.

Ok. After searching i see, The gift cards mentioned are for redemption purposes. They will not help me with my spend. Those are specific cards after i have earned my bonus and the full amount of the bonus applies as opposed to  half price cash redemption. So now i understand,Thanks all. looks like i will be going to Cvs and buying a $200 cash Gift card to make the spend.

When I need help meeting a spend requirement, I just go to Walmart and buy myself a store gift card.  I shop there regularly anyway, so it's basically just 'pre-paying' for future purchases. 

It also works at Kroger or Publix, or any other grocery store you might frequent.  They all have 'store' gift cards (also called 'spending' cards) that can be legitimately purchased with a credit card.

Message 27 of 28
taxi818
Super Contributor

Thanks. Yes, I saw a few at Publix. Will get tomorrow. And make it in time.
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.