Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture Purchase Eraser

tag
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Venture Purchase Eraser

I've got a question about the purchase eraser.

I initially accessed it using the iPhone app. In order to get the 40k bonus points, I made $3k worth of purchases of which about $170-180 was travels. So I kept redeeming those that got posted. So far so good.

So I have some purchases that were pending and I could still erase them. I did ; but when they got posted they were again available for erasing. So I erased again.

Ok, then I moved on to the desktop portal. Oddly, all those purchases that I erased on iPhone were still there. Mind you, I saw credits post for all those erasing. Anyway, I started erasing. So I erased a bunch of transactions and I refreshed the page, came back from the home page and found that those transactions were back, again.

So now I've used up 46k points erasing $180 worth of travel. All of them posted as reward redemption at the 1:1c rate. Is this normal? Will they take my points back?

I'm not going to ask this to CSR because (a) they won't understand and (b) it might be a good thing that I could get all my points redeemed without spending extra on travel.
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Venture Purchase Eraser

40k points should have been worth $400 in travel related purchases

Message 2 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Yes but did I need to make $400 in travel purchase? Because I could redeem against the same purchases multiple times.
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I doubt that's what they intend, but I've read here about people redeeming more than twice for the same travel. 

Message 4 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

If this is how it works then it's no longer a restricted 2% Cashback, it's unrestricted. Just that I need one travel purchase against which I can redeem all my points however many times I want.
Message 5 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:
Yes but did I need to make $400 in travel purchase? Because I could redeem against the same purchases multiple times.

but you said you only got $180 worth of credit but used 46k points... that means you didn't get 2x credit for them being travel. they just exchanged as regular purchases it sounds like.

Message 6 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@TortoiseWins, so it's basically a tech glitch which should be fair game until they close it? Hmm.
Message 7 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a Venture, but this isn't the first time I've read it here. 

Message 8 of 28
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict, I'll clarify. I used those points to redeem against the same purchases over and over. So I got $460 worth in cash back but I didn't make so much of travel purchase. And I didn't redeem for non-travel.
Message 9 of 28
delirium1358

I was able to do this as well with my venture points. Used them all on the same purchase multiple times. Let me do it 3 times on same transaction!
FICO Scores
Equifax - 725
Experian - 736
TransUnion - 735

Accounts
Capital One Venture - $10,000
Capital One QuickSilver One - $3,300
Capital One Secured - $750
Chase Freedom - $4,000
HAPO CU Platinum Cash Back Visa - $1000
CitiBank My Best Buy Card - $4000

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.