Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture and Venture One rewards

tag
Chilli
Established Contributor

Venture and Venture One rewards

I met my spend requirements on both cards this month by throwing my DD a big graduation party...she graduated magna **bleep** laude and awards from alpha phi sigma. 👏👏👏👏yes, I'm a happy momma here! 

Anywho, I cashed in my rewards for $700 Best Buy gift cards...treating myself to a new laptop...typing on this iPad is not cutting it anymore.

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Re: Venture and Venture One rewards

@Chilli wrote:

I met my spend requirements on both cards this month by throwing my DD a big graduation party...she graduated magna **bleep** laude and awards from alpha phi sigma. 👏👏👏👏yes, I'm a happy momma here! 

Anywho, I cashed in my rewards for $700 Best Buy gift cards...treating myself to a new laptop...typing on this iPad is not cutting it anymore.

Congrats to your DD and to meeting your spend requirements.

AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats !!!!
Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chilli wrote:

Awesome! Myfico thinks you're being obscene!! Smiley Tongue  Congrats to you and your DD tho.

Message 4 of 41
Chilli
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chilli wrote:

Awesome! Myfico thinks you're being obscene!! Smiley Tongue  Congrats to you and your DD tho.

HUH? I guess Myfico needs to get their GPA up! 😂

Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol yeah but all we're worried about is FICO's.

@Chilli wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chilli wrote:

HUH? I guess Myfico needs to get their GPA up! 😂

Message 6 of 41
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS!!! I can't believe you're spending those points on a BestBuy gift card. Makes me sad Smiley Sad. I'd like to play devils advocate here. I know you're happy, but i'd like to remind you that there's a common misconception that a high GPA correlates with a high chance of success. It really doesn't lol. 

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 7 of 41
Chilli
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

CONGRATS!!! I can't believe you're spending those points on a BestBuy gift card. Makes me sad Smiley Sad

why are you sad? I need a laptop and thought it was a good thing to cash in the rewards to get one. 

Also, I am new to this rewards stuff...was there a better way to redeem my rewards? Please educate me so I'll know better in the future.

Message 8 of 41
Chilli
Established Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

CONGRATS!!! I can't believe you're spending those points on a BestBuy gift card. Makes me sad Smiley Sad. I'd like to play devils advocate here. I know you're happy, but i'd like to remind you that there's a common misconception that a high GPA correlates with a high chance of success. It really doesn't lol. 

I know just having a high GPA doesn't correlates with a high chance of success...it's a personal achievement and I'm proud to see her achieve her educational goals as she furthers her education into law school.

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chilli wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

CONGRATS!!! I can't believe you're spending those points on a BestBuy gift card. Makes me sad Smiley Sad

why are you sad? I need a laptop and thought it was a good thing to cash in the rewards to get one. 

Also, I am new to this rewards stuff...was there a better way to redeem my rewards? Please educate me so I'll know better in the future.

Well they would have been better spent on redeeming them for travel credit because you would have received more bang for your buck.  Nonetheless you got something that you needed/wanted and that's the most important part f rewards.  Enjoy the new laptop

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.